Lissack settles with SEC; threatens suit
- Smith Barney's countersuit against Lissack is temporarily stayed as justice weighs case. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;12/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30285, p6
Reports on the former managing director of the public finance department in Smith Barney Incorporated, Michael Lissack's efforts to have a slander countersuit against him by the company dismissed. Details on the countersuit being temporarily stayed on December 03, 1997; Circumstances...
- Arbitration allowed in Smith Barney case. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p28
Reports that New York State Supreme Court Judge Herman Cahn has decided to allow Salomon Smith Barney Inc. to proceed with arbitration over its claim that former managing director Michael Lissack defamed the firm after he was fired in October 1995.
- NYSE arbitration panel throws out claims from Lissack, Smith Barney. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;07/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30428, p3
Reports that a New York Stock Exchange panel has dismissed claims by both whistleblower Michael Lissack that he was wrongfully terminated from Smith Barney Inc., and the firm's counterclaim of defamation. Remarks from Lissack after the decision; Details of the case; Charges against Lissack and...
- Lissack faces charge of harassing firm. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;08/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30449, p25
Reports that former investment banker Michael Lissack has arrested on charges of aggravated harassment on former employer, Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Wrongful termination suit Lissack filed against the firm; Lissack's contrivance of a story regarding a sick child; Corrupt practices in the United...
- Judge to review documents in Lissack case. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30797, p4
Reports that Judge Barbara Jones has agreed to review documents submitted by former Smith Barney Inc. banker Michael Lissack, as part of his yield-burning whistle-blower case against Smith Barney and the broker-dealer community. Determination of whether making the materials public is a...
- False claims suit partially unsealed. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;04/24/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30379, p1
Reports on the dismissal of a False Claims Act lawsuit filed against Meridian Securities in May 1996 by former Smith Barney Inc. managing director Michael Lissack. Terms of the settlement between Meridian parent CoreStates Financial Corp., the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal...
- Hills sues former directors over proxy fight. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/12/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 49, p8
Reports on the lawsuits filed by Hills Stores Co. against its former directors and Smith Barney Inc. for their actions in a proxy fight in which Dickstein Partners won control of the chain in July 1995. Allegation on the former board's refusal to approve the change in control; Smith Barney's...
- Ex-banker Lissack charged with fraud over 1994 swap. Hume, Lynn Stevens; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30237, p1
Reports that the US Securities and Exchange Commission has filed fraud charges against Michael Lissack, former Smith Barney derivatives banker. Amount the company will pay to settle charges that it failed to supervise Barney; Use of inaccurate assumptions on Dade County, Florida.
- San Bernardino May Expand Suit Over Alleged 'Kickbacks'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30994, p4
Reports on the plan of San Bernardino County, California officials to expand the lawsuit they filed against Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Overseas trips given by Peter Morrison, a senior vice president for investments in the company; Favors given to gain bond underwriting business.