nafe 2007 WOMEN OF EXCELLENCE
- A HEARTFELT EVENT. // NAFE Magazine;Summer2007, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p28
The article announces the recipients of the fifth annual Have a Heart Awards 2007 in the U.S., including Lisa Marie Platske, Terilee Harrison, and Linda Russell.
- DOW CHEMICAL. // Working Mother;Oct2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p134
The article discusses why Dow Chemical Co. is included in the periodical's 2008 Best Companies in the U.S. The Midland, Michigan-based company has 5,518 women employees, with 651 women managers/executives. 17% of the board of directors are women. Some of the work/life benefits offered by the...
- Carol A. Dudley. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p54
The article profiles Carol A. Dudley, senior vice president at the basic chemicals division of the Dow Chemicals Co., a diversified chemical firm in Midland, Michigan. She earned a degree in chemical engineering from Carnegie Mellon University and a master's degree from Indiana University. She...
- WOMEN IN PLASTICS. // Plastics News;7/20/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p0012
An interview with Amaia Montoya, global application development leader of the chemical company Dow Chemical Co. headquartered in Freeport, Texas, is presented. She reveals her first job in the plastics industry and why she was interested in the field. Montoya shares her greatest achievement in...
- Directors' Register. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 32 Issue 192, p31
The article offers information on board elections in several companies. It mentions that Robert A. Iger, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of The Walt Disney Co., has been elected to Apple Inc.'s board and Phil D. Wedemeyer, former partner at Grant Thornton UK LLP, to Atwood Oceanics...
- Dow approves GMA facility. // Chemical Week;8/2/95, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p22
Reports that Dow Chemical Co. has approved plans for the construction of a glycidyl methacrylate plant in Freeport, Texas.
- Dow expansion places U.S. producers on edge. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;10/18/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 14, p12
Reports on Dow Chemical's announcement that it would add 250,000 tons/year of chlorine capacity in the United States by 1996. Company's identification of the source of the added capacity; Dow's projected increase in the consumption of chlorine in the country and worldwide.
- Dow moves DPO to Texas. // Chemical Week;11/22/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 20, p29
Reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s plan to move its diphenyl oxide (DPO) manufacturing from Midland, Michigan to Oyster Creek, Texas. Dow Chemical's desire to increase in DPO business.
- Dow earns R&D 100 awards. // Appliance Manufacturer;Sep94, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p19
Reports that the Dow Chemical Co. received two 1994 research-and-development (R&D) awards for its cumene technology and polymers based on INSITE technology. Company's focus on R&D strategy involving value-added material development, faster speed to market and continuous process improvement.