Failure of Minnesota ballpark plan may imperil St. Paul Hockey arena
- Pittsburgh Penguins Want to Replace Hockey League's Oldest Arena. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31342, p4
Reports the intention of the National Hockey League Pittsburgh Penguins to replace the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Inspiration from the publicly-funded stadiums of Major League Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates and National Football League Pittsburgh Steelers; Importance of the...
- Comerica has a field day. SHEA, BILL // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p0003
The article reports developments at the Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan as of mid-November 2013. It claims that the National Hockey League (NHL) awarded an up to one million dollar contract to Rink Specialists Inc. to construct a temporary ice rink at the park's baseball stadium for the...
- YOUR TURN. // Sporting News;2/3/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to topics discussed in previous issues, including the Minnesota Vikings, hockey shootouts, and baseball stadiums.
- Ballpark eyed for Central Islip. Martorana, Jamie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the proposed construction of a minor league ballpark in Central Islip, New York. Real estate development boom in the area; Plans to select a baseball team to play at the ballpark; Baseball teams with interest to play at the ballpark.
- Former landfill hits a home run. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;08/24/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p15
Reports that construction has begun on Miller Park, a baseball field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team. Cost of the project; When the baseball field is scheduled to open; Removal of an estimated 163,000 tons of solid waste to start the ballpark.
- Downtown Akron adds third jewel. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Comments on the planned construction of a minor-league ballpark in Akron, Ohio. Facility's design; Growing interest in seeing the minor-league team play; Construction cost.
- County comes to bat in ballpark talks. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p1
Focuses on a proposed ballpark in San Diego, California. Negotiation of the country for the project; Financial issues involved in the project; Concerns on the tax increment revenues and sales taxes that could be earned from the ballpark.
- Stadium group goes walking in Memphis. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/12/2001, Issue 322733, p1
Reports on the visit of civic and community leaders of Fresno, California to baseball stadium AutoZone Park at Memphis, Tennessee in preparation for the construction of their own stadium in Fresno. Influence of AutoZone Park on Memphis economy and community; Analysis of construction process,...
- Architect mixes bridge heritage with baseball roots to create an intimate field of dreams at new PNC Park. Gelhausen, Marvin // Cost Engineering;Feb2002, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p27
Features the PNC Park, the home of the Pittsburgh Pirate National League Baseball Team in Pennsylvania. Description of the park; History of baseball in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Revenue components of the stadium and ballpark.