THE RIGHT OF PUBLICITY: A COMPARATIVE PERSPECTIVE
- Your Legal Companion. Fishman, Stephen // Public Domain: How to Find & Use Copyright Free Writings, Music,;Jun2012, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including copyright law, legal rules in works first published abroad, and the duration of copyright protection.
- Image rights--Are they worth the contract they're written on? // Journal of Brand Management;Nov2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p119
Considers the value of image or personality rights. Development of the notion of celebrity and the status attached to it into a cultural and commercial phenomenon; Definition and protection of the rights of image and personality in the United States; Emergence of the image rights phenomenon in...
- Protecting the Unauthorized Use of Name and Image. Pedersen, Barbara Lynn // Back Stage East;12/15/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 50, p10
The article explores how to protect the name and image from being used for commercial purposes in the United States. The author differentiates the country's copyright law from the trademark law. According to her, it is not possible for a person to trademark his or her image. However, if an image...
- Action 2000 acts over use of bug logo. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;7/30/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p8
Reports that United Kingdom-based DTI-sponsored Action 2000, litigated against companies who used its millennium bug logo as an endorsement. Comments from Niki Akhurst, Action 2000 marketing director; Background data on Action 2000.
- Is imitation flattery? Sidkin, Stephen // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p7
Reports on the proposed Copyright and Trade Marks Bill in Great Britain that would introduce a statutory concept of acts of imitation in industry.
- Tupac Lives! Moser, Jana M. // Business Law Today;Sep2012, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p1
The article offers information about intellectual property law in the U.S. It notes the significance for attorneys and authors to become wary of holographic performance's implications on the entertainment industry. It discusses the different forms rights covered by the law including celebrities'...
- DO THE RIGHT THING. Chisholm, Ronna // Applied Arts Magazine;May/Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the difficulties of trademark infringement that small companies face when prosecuting large companies. The author provides pointers for trademark disputes between Ã¢â‚¬Å“David and GoliathÃ¢â‚¬Â companies including the following: small business equals huge...
- A New Method of Authors Identification for Copyright Protection. Qiaoyan Kuang; Xiaoming Xu // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p417
To solve the copyright dispute, we provide a new method of authors identification for copyright protection in this paper .With the feature extraction and text classification, we classify the original text, then enter the features extracted from the disputed text in the classifier to get the...
- 'Copyfraud' and Public Domain Works. Ebbinghouse, Carol // Searcher;Jan2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p40
The article offers information about copyfraud, which refers to claiming falsely a copyright in a public domain work. These false copyright claims, which are often accompanied by threatened litigation for reproducing a work without the putative owner's permission, result in users seeking...