DISSONANT HARMONIZATION: LIMITATIONS ON "CASH N' CARRY" CREATIVITY
- Hollywood eyes fate of copyright law. // Daily Variety;9/30/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 59, p2
The article reports that a group of home video distributors, educators, and orchestra conductors in the U.S. are challenging the constitutionality of the 1994 act of Congress concerning the restoration of copyright laws which have fallen into public domain.
- Your Legal Companion. Fishman, Stephen // Public Domain: How to Find & Use Copyright Free Writings, Music,;Jun2012, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including copyright law, legal rules in works first published abroad, and the duration of copyright protection.
- PROTECTING A DELICATE BALANCE: FACTS, IDEAS, AND EXPRESSION IN COMPILATION COPYRIGHT CASES. Bunker, Matthew D.; Bolger, Bethany // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Spring2003, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p183
Analyzes the fact/expression and idea/expression dichotomies, two of copyright law's significant doctrines for preserving a vibrant public domain and protecting free expression interests. Fundamental principle of copyright law; Problems associated with the application of the two dichotomies to...
- Your Legal Companion. Fishman, Stephen // Public Domain: How to Find & Use Copyright-Free Writings, Music,;2014, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including public domain, copyright law, and choreography.
- Index. Fishman, Stephen // Public Domain: How to Find & Use Copyright-Free Writings, Music,;2014, p423
A subject index for the book "Public Domain: How to Find & Use Copyright-Free Writings, Music, Art & More" is presented.
- Images and Copyright. // Online;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p31
Discusses copyright issues for online images. Excerpt from a copyright notice from Lycos; Factor to consider when using images for professional purposes; Example of online images that are in the public domain and copyright-free.
- Copyright snarl for U.S. museums. Robinson, Walter // Art in America;Oct95, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p31
Informs about the new rule that restores copyrights to certain foreign works that are in the public domain in the US from the start of 1996, due to a provision of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade. Impact of same on museums, artists and others; Illustration of same with the example of...
- Global commons, public space and contemporary IPR. Liang, Lawrence // Media Development;2003, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the issue of global commons in the context of the politics of intellectual property rights (IPR) in software and cyberspace. Result of the expansion of IPR into public life; Reasons for outlining the history of the common concept; Application of public domain in India.
- Europeana Helps Clarify the Importance of Public Domain. // Online;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Europe's digital library, museum and archive Europeana.eu has published the Public Domain Charter to clarify the importance of public domain.