2008 WONDER WOMEN
- Golden Globe Loves Cable. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the role of cable television (TV) in the Golden Globe Awards for television. Nomination for the awards from the performance on cable TV; Recognition of the cable in the Prime Time Emmy Awards; Progress of cable TV in the field of broadcasting; Provision adopted by TV channels for the...
- Beacon 2004 Awards: COMMUNITY. // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p12A
Presents the recipients of the 2004 Beacon Awards given to cable TV companies for their commitment to community relations through TV broadcasting in the U.S. Aim of the Student & Leaders initiative of Comcast and C-SPAN; Information on Lifetime Television's Our Lifetime Commitment: Stop...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p15
A calendar of events for February to March 2014 for Multichannel News and television industry events is presented including the 2014 Multicultural TV Summit & Leadership Awards on February 4, the CableLabs Winter Conference on March 2-5, and the Next TV Summit on March 18-19.
- 'Explorer' blazes trail at News-Docu Emmy noms. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/15/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 26, p8
MSNBC cable television network's "National Geographic Explorer" leads the list of nominees for the 24th annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards with a total of 12 bids. The dozen nominations for MSNBC's "Explorer" marks the third consecutive year that the National Geographic-branded docudrama...
- Ch. 2 lacks eye for talent. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;05/14/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p9
Highlights the recipients of the Emmy Awards for television in New York, New York. Career background of Channel 5 news director Susan Sullivan; Allusion to the incompetence of Channel 2 news director Joel Cheatwood; Reference to the scandal on the reality show Survivor.
- Leslie Ellis. Slate, Libby // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, pS7
Features Leslie Ellis, independent technology analyst, author and recipient of the National Cable & Television Association's Vanguard Award for associates and affiliates at the National Cable Show in San Francisco, California in April 2005. Career highlights; Efforts done to learn more about...
- Accentuating the Positive. Hall, Lee // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p18
Previews the POP Awards presentation sponsored by Cable Positive to be held in New York on June 20, 2005. Background on the award ceremony; List of previous winners; Objective of Cable Positive in launching the award presentation; Categories for the 2005 POP Awards competition.
- Honors:. // CableFAX Daily;6/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p3
Presents the recipients of various awards in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of June 2006. Cyma Zarghami; Robin Sangston;
- Hong Kong coverage nets award for China TV. Sullivan, Maureen // Variety;10/27/97, Vol. 368 Issue 12, p30
Reports on the presentation of Cable News Network's (CNN) first Dennis Anthony Memorial Award to the state broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) for its extensive coverage of Hong Kong's return to Chinese rule.