Spectrum Auction: Up In the Air
- Optical wireless speeds HDTV and embedded audio transmissions. Maestre, Randel // Lightwave;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p29
The article discusses how optical wireless technology facilitates high-definition television (HDTV) programming and embedded audio transmissions. The television broadcast industry is being changed by the emergence of HDTV programming and corresponding consumer products. Television networks are...
- DVB-NGH for Next-Generation Digital Broadcasting. Lung, Doug // TV Technology;3/7/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p26
The article presents information on the next generation handheld digital video broadcasting (DVB). It discusses the compatibility between next generation broadcasting and today's digital television tuners to achieve the spectrum efficiency and interoperability with wireless broadband. Features...
- Digital TV's revenue dilemma. Grimshaw, Colin // Marketing (00253650);7/13/2005, p19
This article reports that subscription channels are reconsidering their strategy in light of the 2012 analogue switch-off. With roughly half the population being required to upgrade to digital by then, multi-channel TV companies must develop long-term strategies for what is certain to be a very...
- CABLE NEXT CRUSADE. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Mar2006, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that the U.S. cable industry is adding wireless service in addition to its video, voice and data to comprise the much coveted quadruple play. Industry insiders feel that it is a natural extension of the cable service bundle. Although in its infancy the integration of wireless...
- Broadband TV? No Telephone Rewiring Necessary. Poloskina, Brian // Inter@ctive Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the offering of broadband television (TV) without the need for coaxial cables. Use of Internet protocol over a broadband connection in the transmission of TV signal from iMagic TV company; How it works; Other services that can be layered over; Demand from consumers.
- Washington Watch. McConnell, Bill; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;01/11/99, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p20
Presents an update on television broadcasting in Washington D.C. as of January 11, 1998. Speakers for the Congressional activity; Operational rules for satellite user contracts; Reconsiderations for the protection of instructional television licensees sought by Wireless Communication Association.
- Directing the Digital Dividend towards Bridging the Digital Divide in Nigeria. Gbenga-Ilori, A. O.; Ibiyemi, T. S. // European Journal of Scientific Research;Sep2010, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p79
No abstract available.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p39
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. Conflict between the National Cable & Telecommunications Association and the Consumer Electronics Association over problems with CableCARD deployments; Temporary suspension of a working group of the Institute of Electrical...
- CUTTING EDGE: Drazen Pantic . Gubbins, Ed // Wireless Review;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
Presents information on the use of wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) technology in the television (TV) broadcasting of MNN TV network in New York. Members of the team who studied the technology; Plans of the team to simplify the process of broadcasting over Wi-Fi.