Mobile Content, As Seen on TV
- The Sports Network Now For Library Patrons. // Information Today;Jun1995, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that the Sports Network, a cable television network has announced at the National Online Meeting in New York that the real-time sports wire would furnish its service at no charge to any library for use by anyone utilizing their facility. According to Mickey Charles, president...
- A SEARCH ENGINE FOR TV. Swann, Phillip // Television Week;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p8
Analyzes the need for a search engine in relation to the advent of digital television. Computer programs that assist in searching channels; Benefits from search engines; Correlation between the Internet and television broadcasting.
- TV Program Searching and Ranking for Supporting TV Personalization. Jungmin Kim; Hyunsook Chung; Gukboh Kim // International Journal of Multimedia & Ubiquitous Engineering;Jan2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p215
Current, so many TV program contents are being provided to viewers on various channels through internet protocol televisions called IPTVs. Therefore the development of an effective searching scheme to enable viewers find and consume their preferred contents has been being important issue. This...
- SEARCH & Discover. Kaufman, Debra // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/21/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that despite its creative pedigree and the star power of Steve Carell, ratings for the first season of NBC's "The Office" were faltering last spring--until the network transformed the sitcom into a hit, largely by podcasting reruns on Apple's iTunes. CBS recently took that...
- it's all about the eyeballs. Antonova, Maria // Russian Life;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses the rising influence of the Internet over the flow of information to the public versus television. More people are cited to have opened the front page of the Yandex search engine than tuned in to Channel One television channel. Anti-corruption activist Alexei Navalny is...
- Why watch TV when a machine can do it for you? Zandonella, Catherine // New Scientist;10/20/2001, Vol. 172 Issue 2313, p26
Reports the development of the Digital Video Library, an audio-visual search engine and indexing system, by AT&T in New Jersey. Use of speech recognition software to scan television programs; Search for subtitle data provided by television stations.
- BBC launches online HD resource centre. // e.learning age;Jun2006, p3
Reports on the launch of a High Definition (HD) online resource center from BBC Training and Development. Significance of the online resource to the broadcast production community which covers all aspects of producing television in HD; Claims by BBC regarding the growth of HD; Comments by...
- Yahoo! seals 2.4m British pounds C5 movie deal. // Marketing Week;3/8/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the nightly Channel 5 movie to be sponsored by online search engine Yahoo! UK & Ireland in a 12-month deal. Value of the deal; Ideal for Yahoo! to reposition itself as an entertainment package.
- Learndirect inks Channel 4 deal. // Marketing (00253650);4/21/2004, p2
Learndirect Business is to advertise on television for the first time after signing a multi-platform deal with Channel 4. Learndirect Business is the business brand of Ufi, the e-learning provider backed by the government. Its Channel 4 sponsorship kicks off on April 21 with Risking It All, a...