- SPORTSMAN CHANNEL. // Advertising Age;5/3/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 18, pC64
The article, part of a special advertising section, examines the cable television network Sportsman Channel, operated by the company InterMedia Outdoors. The network presents television programs devoted to hunting, fishing, firearms and camping including instructional programs and reality...
- Scratching for Shelf Space. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;5/2/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p5
The article discusses the struggle of independent programming networks to penetrate the success of getting ahead and having permanent distributors to the network. It says that an independent network which includes the Tennis Channel Inc., Comcast Corp., and the Cox Communication must continually...
- Miss Utah Casts Lures for TSC. // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p8
The article reports on the launch of The Sportsman Channel on Comcast digital basic in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Sportsman Channel's premiere was held at Cabela's sporting goods store, featuring a camouflaged carpet where Miss Utah Julia Bachison doled out gift bags. Utah native Chris Bailet and...
- BC/DC: A-Feeding We Will Go. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;7/16/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 28, p26
The article reports that the Sportsman Channel, a cable television network devoted to hunting and fishing programming, will donate over 400 pounds of venison from deer killed by hunters to a Washington D.C., charity center for the homeless on July 22, 2007. The program is part of the Sportsmen...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...