Grace Under Fire
- 2008 WONDER WOMEN. // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p1
The article presents the "Multichannel News," periodical's 2008 Wonder Women Award. The award is presented to some of the most accomplished and influential women in the cable, broadband and telecommunication industries in the United States. The award will be presented at a luncheon at the Hilton...
- NTV tops Russian TEFI awards. Birchenough, Tom // Variety;5/27/96, Vol. 363 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the recognition given to NTV television station for its achievements in the field of Russian television broadcasting in the May 18, 1996 TEFI awards. List of winners in various categories of television broadcasting.
- Murrow Award goes to CBS' Twin Cities TV station. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/05/99, Vol. 129 Issue 14, p27
Reports that television station WCCO of Minneapolis, Minnesota won the regional Edward R. Murrow Award for writing, news series and overall excellence from the Radio-Television News Directors Association. Remarks from Ted Canova, news director of the station.
- Ad group to sponsor family-friendly awards. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the formation of the Forum for Family Friendly Programming and the Family Program Awards to encourage the production of more family-friendly prime-time programming in the United States. Support for the forum and the awards by the Association of National Advertisers; Roles of...
- CORPORATE. // Televisual;Feb2003, p6
Highlights the 2003 Music Television Asia Awards. Theme of the event; Participants of the poster making contests.
- Abbe Raven. Hill, Lee Alan // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, pS4
Profiles Abbe Raven, president and CEO of A&E Networks and winner of the National Cable & Television Association's Vanguard Awards for Distinguished Leadership at the National Cable Show in San Francisco, California in April 2005. Duties and responsibilities of Raven at the company; Career...
- A Basketful of Laurels. Cogley, John // New Republic;5/29/61, Vol. 144 Issue 22, p20
Reviews the TV production of the Emmy Awards in the U.S.
- Idol worship. Gilling, Tom // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/28/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6120, p20
Reports on the credibility of the Australian `TV Week' Logies award show. 40th anniversary show in 1998; Dissatisfaction with the way the awards are run; `TV Week' executives fending off charges of irregular voting as well as rumors of the magazine's likely demise; Logies seen as all about star...
- Golden Globe Loves Cable. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the role of cable television (TV) in the Golden Globe Awards for television. Nomination for the awards from the performance on cable TV; Recognition of the cable in the Prime Time Emmy Awards; Progress of cable TV in the field of broadcasting; Provision adopted by TV channels for the...