- Pearlena Igbokwe. Clark, Tim // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p56
Features Pearlena Igbokwe, vice president of original programming at Showtime Networks Inc. Career highlights; Her views on the challenge of cable programming; Remarks from television program producer Kathleen McGee Anderson on the scope of Igbokwe's vision.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p36
Reports several developments on cable industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Deal with General Motors Corp. with Discovery Channel in Bethesda, Maryland; Gift cards offered by Showtime Networks Inc. during premium-cable subscriptions in New York; Promotion of the 'Playhouse Disney...
- Wonder Women Hall of Fame: Previous Wonder Women. // Multichannel News;1/27/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p46B
Lists names of various successful women executives in the cable television industry since 1999. List of women executives who were successful in 1999; Women executives who were successful in 2000; Names of women executives who were successful in 2001.
- PAST HONOREES. // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p28
The article lists women in the American cable industry who were honored by the periodical "Multichannel News," from 2000 to 2006, which includes WideOpenWest's Colleen Abdoulah, Oxygen Media's Debby Beece, and Brave Network's Frances Berwick.
- Cable's next originals. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;01/25/99, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p6
Offers a look on the offering of several cable television network companies for 1999. Criticisms against the film `The Devil's Arithmetic,' by Showtime company; Other motion pictures offered by Showtime; Television series to be launched by Showtime; Movies that will be presented by Lifetime...
- 'A Force for Good' Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;1/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, special section p14
The article profiles Gwen Marcus as one of the most well respected attorneys in the cable industry. Marcus went to law school having the intention of becoming entertainment industry executive not as a lawyer. She worked first for Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison specializing in theater...
- More new movies and series slated for TMC, Showtime. Simon, Ellis // Electronic Media;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p4
Reports on the plans ofb Showtime Networks, to improve its programming in 1997. Movies to be added to The Movie Channel (TMC); Comments from Jerry Offsay, SNI's president.
- Viacom shelves gay channel, for now. Szymanski, Zak // Bay Area Reporter;7/17/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p23
Reports that Viacom's Showtime Networks Inc. has indefinitely shelved plans to launch a gay-specific cable channel in 2003. Reasons for the shelving of the planned cable channel; Range of gay-specific programming planned for the cable channel; Implications on the gay community.
- Showtime's Cox: Bring on the telcos. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/11/94, Vol. 355 Issue 10, p19
Reports on Showtime Networks Inc. chairman Winston H. Cox's opinion on the entry of telephone companies into cable television. Pay-cable networks as the beneficiaries if Baby Bells start buying packages of program services to compete with cable operators; Benefits of the telephone companies'...