Comcast Opts for Nielsen
- Phillyvision Brings FOD Into Sharper Focus. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/2/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p14B
At Comcast Corp.'s May 16, 2003 all-day meeting with investors, executives made clear that Phillyvision was also just the first phase in the evolution of Comcast's video-on-demand (VOD) platform, with greater choice to come. Comcast believes that the allure of VOD can both retain digital...
- Leg Up for NFL Network. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p14
Reports that the National Football League (NFL) has secured a digital basic carriage deal with multisystem operator (MSO) Comcast Corp. for its NFL Network. Number of digital cable subscribers of Comcast Corp.; Information on some of the video-on-demand offerings that will be made available to...
- Comcast Free On Demand Programming. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p22
Lists the free on-demand video television programming offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. for December 2004.
- OLN Sets Plan for On Demand. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p3
Deals with on-demand channels to be launched by the Outdoor Life Network (OLN) of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. in 2005. Features of the action-sports channels to be launched on April 7, 2005; Reason of OLN for not increasing their license fees; Significance of the action-sports channels to OLN.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p22
The article presents updates on the cable programming of Comcast Corp. "CN8 Presents: Celebrate '06," a live comedy and music programming will be presented by Comcast Network. The Oxygen video-on-demand service from Comcast Corp. is now available to digital television consumers.
- VOD Goals: More Simplicity, With Ads. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the experiments made by Comcast Corp. with its video-on-demand (VOD) content. Percentage of consumers in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania cable system who have used VOD; Issues that complicate the distribution of programming; Reason that waiting for copyright clearance can slow...
- Comcast Grows Sports Empire. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the efforts of Comcast Corp. in assembling a nationwide string of regional sports networks as of October 2004. Key features of the company's California channel Comcast SportsNet West; Partnership with the owners of the major sports teams in Chicago, Illinois; Video on demand package...
- Comcast Sets the VOD-Content Standard. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p42
Provides information on the video-on-demand (VOD) lineup of Comcast Corp. as of December 13, 2004. Award given by the periodical "Multichannel News" to the company; Number of shows which will be available to Comcast's VOD-capable subscribers by 2004; Information on the on-demand sports package...
- Sportskool Leaps A Big Hurdle. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p51
Focuses on the successful launch of sportskool, a sports instructional cable television network in the U.S., from Comcast Corp. Number of video-on-demand homes where the network is available; Comparison of sportskool's launch with its sister network Mag Rack which was launched without a Comcast...