AT&T Expecting to Hit 1 Million U-Verse Subs
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.
- 333.2 million. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/25/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 20, p12
The article cites that 333.2 million subscribes to over-the-top video services worldwide.
- BBC spotlights, viewer content. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/28/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on British Broadcasting Corp.'s plan to launch its first all user-generated content news show on round-the-clock news network BBC News 24. The show, "Your News," will feature news stories and video sent in by the public. The article reports on the release of a research which...
- IPTV written out of TV script. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;3/23/2012, p16
The article discusses the highlights of the IPTV World Forum held in London, England in March 2012. The forum's dominating theme was the migration of video delivery to cloud-based infrastructures that is better suited for multiscreen services. Speakers included Gerry O' Sullivan, Ching-Min Cheng...
- CAS & content security. Ostegenn, Steve // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jan/Feb2009, p30
The article discusses the implications of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and network security. It states that security and conditional access systems have traditionally been tackled through the use of smart cards in set-top boxes. According to the author, more cost-effective and...
- Multilingual playout. Pavitt, Alison // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2012, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various factors which broadcast engineers can consider when implementing multiple language services for any Internet television program. The author relates that file-based workflows had helped broadcasters to assign multiple audio tracks to a single video file. He mentions...
- Employers seek help in Olympia. Proffitt, Emily // Journal of Business (10756124);2/21/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the reasons behind the decreasing popularity of television broadcasting. The author mentions that young people do not watch television anymore and this lead to a lesser number of television viewers. He explains that people are more interested over internet broadcasting...