Comcast Canceling Asian-Targeted AZN
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Game over for Sega Channel. Richmond, Ray // Variety;12/01/97, Vol. 369 Issue 4, p43
Focuses on the Sega Channel's plan to pull the plug on its on-demand videogame service and to close its main headquarters in New York by year-end 1997. Launch of the channel in 1994 as a joint venture of Time Warner Entertainment, Tele-Communications Inc. and Sega of America.
- NewsTalk's folding; makes deal with NBC. Simon, Ellis; Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;10/07/96, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p4
Reports that NewsTalk Television, which will be closed by the end of 1996, has made a deal with NBC to try to convert its 3.7 million cable subscribers to the network MSNBC. Who acquired NewsTalk; Reason for the closure; Effect of the closure on employees; Views of Paul FitzPatrick, NewsTalk's...
- Scrambled signals in the TV world. Cohen, Warren // U.S. News & World Report;7/25/94, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p43
Examines how Ralph and Brian Roberts, the father-son team which heads Comcast Corp., mounted a surprise takeover of the QVC home shopping network. How the move, which scuttled a CBS-QVC deal, jolted the media and financial worlds; Comcast's offering; Why Comcast's move on QVC may have changed...
- Classic Sports Network inks deal with Comcast. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;03/31/97, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the long-term affiliation contract signed by Classic Sports Network (CSN) with Comcast Corp. Expansion plans for Classic Sports Network; Permission of Comcast to preview CSN on its Sneak Peek channel.
- Comcast Philly darkens SportsChannel, Prism. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/28/97, Vol. 127 Issue 31, p63
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s deal to link its regional cable network in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with the Liberty Sports cable television network. Effects of the deal to SportsChannel Philadelphia and Prism; Comcast's plans in the cable sports market; Terms of the deal.