Ovation Crafts Nine Local Arts Alliances
- Holding the applause. Cox, Gordon // Variety;4/10/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 8, p16
The article reviews the television programs aired by Ovation cable TV network including "Theater Biz" and "Theater Mob -- The Opera."
- CableLabs' 3-D spec a 'great step'. // CED;Oct2010, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p12
The article reports the release of the 3-D content encoding specification, Content Encoding Profiles 3.0 Specification, by CableLabs in September 2010 to help producers, programmers and aggregators of stereoscopic 3-D programming.
- Post Production Session: Building workflows for 3DTV. Dean, Richard // TVB Europe;Aug2010, p26
The article focuses on the discussion about managing and building any post production progress for 3D television (3DTV) during the 2010 3D Masters conference held at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) in London, England.
- Public Access Television: The Message, The Medium, & The Movement. Ross, Jesikah Maria; Spitzer, J. Aaron // Art Papers;May/Jun94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p41
The article offers information about public access television in the U.S. Public access television was created to revitalize a participatory democracy by empowering citizens to take the tools of television into their own hands and create local programming on issue ideas, and talents important to...
- The other Emmys rise up. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;8/19/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 33, pA1
Focuses on the complain of the members of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences on the lack of attention for the Creative Arts awards in the U.S. Focus of the publicity on the Emmy Awards; Efforts of the organization to broadcast an edited version of the award presentation; Plan of the...
- PREVIEWS. // Television Week;1/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p1
The article presents news briefs on the television industry in the U.S. as of January 16, 2006. The 63rd Annual Golden Globe Awards will be held at the Beverly Hilton to be telecast by NBC. The nominees for the Art Directors Guild's 10th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards will be...
- The Light of Other Days. Iles, Tony // Image Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p38
The article discusses the history of TV and film art production. The expansion of the industry after war ushered in artistic and architecturally-qualified designers who pursued creative and realistic styles in production design. The introduction of color in films led to greater reliance on...
- EMMY VOTERS CAN MAIL IN THEIR PICKS. Schneider, Michael // Variety;03/13/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 4, p38
Reports that the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will allow at-home voting in 2000. Impetus for the at-home voting; Traditional voting system of the academy; Categories included in the Primetime Emmys that will be judged at home.
- Vets battle in BAFTA TV noms. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter;5/11/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 31, p2
The article announces nominees of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) for the best actor award including John Hurt, Kenneth Branagh and David Oyelowo to be announced on June 6, 2010.