- Cough Sound Analysis Can Rapidly Diagnose Childhood Pneumonia. Abeyratne, Udantha; Swarnkar, Vinayak; Setyati, Amalia; Triasih, Rina // Annals of Biomedical Engineering;Nov2013, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p2448
Pneumonia annually kills over 1,800,000 children throughout the world. The vast majority of these deaths occur in resource poor regions such as the sub-Saharan Africa and remote Asia. Prompt diagnosis and proper treatment are essential to prevent these unnecessary deaths. The reliable diagnosis...
- Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree ... Yanchar, Natalie; Pianosi, Paul; Fraser, Robert // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;12/7/2004, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p1435
Presents the case of a 2-year old boy with recurrent lower lobe pneumonia. Results of the computed tomography scan performed on the patient; Postoperative condition of the boy after a right lower lobectomy; Description of the embedded foreign body discovered in the dissected lobar bronchus.
- Bacteriologic and Clinical Findings in Acute Pneumonia of Childhood. Rapkin, Richard H. // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb1975, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p130
Presents the bacteriologic and clinical findings in acute pneumonia of childhood. Appraisal of lung puncture in various cases; Examination of whether blood cultures or lung punctures help in the identification of the cause of acute pneumonia; Significance of lung taps and blood cultures in the...
- Clinical signs of pneumonia in children attending a hospital outpatient department in Lesotho. Redd, S. C.; Vreuls, R.; Metsing, M.; Mohobane, P. H.; Patrick, E.; Moteetee, M. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1994, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p113
To determine the value of clinical findings for the diagnosis of pneumonia, we evaluated 950 children who presented with respiratory illness to the outpatient department of the Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Maseru, Lesotho. Those children at high risk for pneumonia and a systematically selected...
- Bronchiolitis Obliterans. Azizirad, Hassan; Polgar, George; Borns, Patricia F.; Chatten, Jane // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1975, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p572
A case of severe, probably viral pneumonitis in a three-year-old child is presented, which resulted in complete atelectasis of the left lung, and in diffuse changes of bronchiolitis and bronchitis obliterans. The case repre-sents a variant of bronchiolitis obliterans.
- Tekrarlayan Pnï¿½moni ve ï¿½ksï¿½rï¿½k Etiyolojisinde Yabanci Cisim Aspirasyonu Dï¿½sï¿½nï¿½len ï¿½ocuk Olgularin Tani ve Tedavisinde Bronkoskopinin Degeri. �obanoglu, Ufuk; Edirne, Yeslim; Akg�n, Cihangir; Melek, Mehmet // Turk Toraks Dergisi / Turkish Thoracic Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p146
Introduction: We aimed to evaluate the bronchoscopy results of children with undiagnosed recurrent cough and pneumonia presumed to be due to foreign body aspiration according to the literature. Material and Method: Thirty-seven children followed by the Yuzuncu Yil University Medical Faculty with...
- Childhood pneumonia in developing countries. Johnson, W. B. R.; A. A. Abdulkarim // African Journal of Respiratory Medicine;Mar2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p4
The article offers information on the complications, aetiology, treatment and diagnosis of pneumonia in children worldwide. It mentions that the incidence of the disease in Western countries are lower compared to that of Africa. It states that the parainfluenza (PIV) and respiratory syncytial...
- Ultrasound detection of pneumonia in febrile children with respiratory distress: a prospective study. Guerra, Mattia; Crichiutti, Giovanni; Pecile, Paolo; Romanello, Carla; Busolini, Eva; Valent, Francesca; Rosolen, Angelo // European Journal of Pediatrics;Feb2016, Vol. 175 Issue 2, p163
Unlabelled:To analyse the usefulness of bedside lung ultrasound (LUS) in detecting lung consolidation in a paediatric emergency room (ER) setting, febrile children seen at our ER from 2008 to 2012 with a moderate to severe respiratory distress underwent LUS, chest X-ray (CXR) and...
- Endobronchial amartoma. Mitka, Aikaterini; Mpompotas, Dimitrios; Iakovidis, Dimitrios; Kaimakamis, Evaggelos; Katsavouni, Haroula; Antoniadis, Antonis // Pneumon;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p308
Photographs of the results of the chest computed tomography (CT) of a 63-year-old man with endobronchial amartoma are presented.