Curtis Mayfield Memorialized During Star-Studded Musical Tribute In L.A
Tags: MAYFIELD, Curtis
- Mayfield injured on stage by falling light tower. // Jet;9/3/90, Vol. 78 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the critical injuries suffered by soul singer Curtis Mayfield when a lighting tower blew over on him while he was preparing for a show in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Keep on pushing. Fields-Meyer, Thomas; Grant, Meg // People;2/17/97, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p111
Profiles musician Curtis Mayfield. His personal history; The onstage accident in August 1990 which left Mayfield a quadriplegic; How he came to terms with the injury; The support of his wife, Altheida; How he has begun working on his music again; The success of his 1996 album `New World Order';...
- Curtis Mayfield. Gore, Joe // Guitar Player;Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p35
Pays tribute to guitarist Curtis Mayfield who died on December 26, 1999.
- Curtis Mayfield's Grammy nom shows R&B industry finally acknowledging its elders. Reynolds, J.R. // Billboard;01/25/97, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p28
Opinion. Argues that Curtis Mayfield's 1997 Grammy nomination in the R&B album category shows that the industry is acknowledging the accomplishments of its elder statesmen. Mayfield's musical accomplishments.
- Inspiring soul music of the heart. J.H. // People;8/05/96, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p24
Presents a brief interview with Curtis Mayfield. His health; His new CD; How he continues to compose music; What he thinks of today's R&B music.
- Heart and Soul. // People;01/01/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p118
Remembers the life of rock and roll musician Curtis Mayfield, who died in December 1999.
- Singer Curtis Mayfield has leg amputated. // Jet;07/13/98, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p34
Reports that soul-singer-songwriter Curtis Mayfield, underwent surgery in which his right leg was amputated below the knee. Information on Mayfield's health; Career history of Mayfield.
- Train toppers. C.L. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/10/97, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p36
Reports that the 1997 Soul Train Music Awards will feature a special tribute to Curtis Mayfield, recipient of the first Quincy Jones Award for career achievement.
- Interview takes flight. LICHTMAN, IRV // Billboard;6/10/95, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p39
Features Warner/Chappell's creative consultant in back catalog development worldwide Alan Warner's one-hour edited version of the interview sampler with Curtis Mayfield.