- Keep on pushing. Fields-Meyer, Thomas; Grant, Meg // People;2/17/97, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p111
Profiles musician Curtis Mayfield. His personal history; The onstage accident in August 1990 which left Mayfield a quadriplegic; How he came to terms with the injury; The support of his wife, Altheida; How he has begun working on his music again; The success of his 1996 album `New World Order';...
- Mayfield injured on stage by falling light tower. // Jet;9/3/90, Vol. 78 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the critical injuries suffered by soul singer Curtis Mayfield when a lighting tower blew over on him while he was preparing for a show in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Curtis Mayfield. Gore, Joe // Guitar Player;Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p35
Pays tribute to guitarist Curtis Mayfield who died on December 26, 1999.
- Train toppers. C.L. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/10/97, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p36
Reports that the 1997 Soul Train Music Awards will feature a special tribute to Curtis Mayfield, recipient of the first Quincy Jones Award for career achievement.
- Interview takes flight. LICHTMAN, IRV // Billboard;6/10/95, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p39
Features Warner/Chappell's creative consultant in back catalog development worldwide Alan Warner's one-hour edited version of the interview sampler with Curtis Mayfield.
- Music World Mourns Death Of Curtis Mayfield. // Jet;01/17/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p55
Reports the Atlanta, Georgia funeral services for singer-songwriter Curtis Mayfield who died at the age of 57, and his music career highlights.
- Legend Curtis Mayfield looses a leg to diabetes. // New York Amsterdam News;08/13/98, Vol. 89 Issue 33, p32
Reports on the amputation of the leg of rhythm and blues composer, Curtis Mayfield, due to complications from diabetes. Information on music composed by Mayfield; Indication that approximately 7.5 million American men suffer from diabetes; Comments from Doctor F. Xavier Pi-Sunyer, principal...
- Singer Curtis Mayfield has leg amputated. // Jet;07/13/98, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p34
Reports that soul-singer-songwriter Curtis Mayfield, underwent surgery in which his right leg was amputated below the knee. Information on Mayfield's health; Career history of Mayfield.
- `Superfly' Guy. Sinclair, Tom // Entertainment Weekly;01/07/2000, Issue 520, p16
Pays tribute to Rhythm & Blues singer Curtis Mayfield who died on December 26, 1999.