The search for integrity in the cosmetic surgery market
- Argumentational Integrity: A Training Program for Dealing with Unfair Argumentative Contributions. Christmann, Ursula; Mischo, Christoph; Flender, J�rgen // Argumentation;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p339
In this article we present a training program based on the empirical research conducted in the project 'argumentational integrity'. After a brief sketch of the problem dimensions concerning unfair argumentation we give an overview of the training concept and the underlying empirical research....
- Letting the Right Ones In. Frentzen, Jeffrey // Plastic Surgery Practice;May2010, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
The article offers the author's insights on the inefficiency of the rules and regulations for surgical practices. He states that the regulations do not protect the patients who undergo cosmetic surgery and allow cosmetic surgeons to continue operate even though they caused injury to the patient....
- Getting cheeky. Jesitus, John // Dermatology Times;Aug2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p64
The article focuses on the analysis of Dr. Nowell Solish about face aging surgery in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Dr. Solish explains that satisfying facelift requires not only the skin but also involves the appearance and structure of the entire face. He advices physicians to examine the...
- Laser complications. Kaufman, Joely // Dermatology Times;Mar2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p63
The article offers information on complications from using laser treatment. According to the author, it is important to remember that complications from laser treatment can happen even the best trained operator. Also presented is a case study of a female patient presented to the University of...
- New GP union set to demand separate talks on contract. // Pulse;12/2/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 46, p2
Reports the debate of leaders of a planned new trade union to represent general practitioners (GP) for the right to negotiate separate GP contract for its members. Formation of General Practitioners Union by formers members of Independent General Practitioners Association; Comments of founder...
- Beware of the evangelists. Sherifi, James // GP: General Practitioner;1/20/2003, p37
Presents the author physician's view regarding single-issue group of discussion in arguments and debates presented by general practitioners; Several lectures delivered by the author's colleague physicians; Analysis of these lectures by the author.
- You Be the Coder. // Podiatry Coding & Billing Alert;Aug2010, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p60
A quiz is presented on the separation of bunionectomy and arthroplasty codes in the U.S.
- High esteem for the high court on the nation's birth date. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/1/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p8
The author reflects on the high respect towards the U.S. Supreme Court, which serves as a stronghold of intellectual purity and integrity through robust debate.
- The body tells a story. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/22/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7390, p666
Examines the importance of communication through one doctor's personal story. Patients he saw that had suffered deeply from beatings, torture and degradation; Belief that telling a story can relieve some of the suffering; Doctor's debate over whether communication is a skill or a reflection of...