US considers establishing behind-the-counter drugs
- New options for patients with allergies, overactive bladders. TANZI, MARIA G. // Pharmacy Today;Feb2014 OTC Supplement, p4
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of two over-the-counter drugs for patients with allergies and overactive bladders, the triamcinolone acetonide nasal spray and oxybutynin transdermal system. It looks at the concerns of FDA Nonprescription Drugs...
- FDA's OTC-plus concept: 'Yes â€¦ if'. Menighan, Thomas E. // Pharmacy Today;Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on the initiative created by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which could provide a tool for pharmacists to help them in patient care. It mentions that the FDA's Over-the-Counter (OTC) concept would make some drugs be available to patients without prescription,...
- News Briefs. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/1/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p388
The article offers news briefs related to the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. as of March 1, 2008. Merck & Co. Inc. announced that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) turned down its third request to market a non-prescription version of lovastatin. Pharmacist John A. Viercinski died at...
- Oxytrol for Women Now OTC. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Mar2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, pA-13
The article informs that U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has approved drug Oxytrol for women, the first over-the-counter (OTC) treatment for overactive bladder in women.
- OTC. // Drug Topics;10/6/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 19, p116
Features various over-the-counter drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as of October 2003. PrimaVu Herbal Eye Drops from Prima Vu Health Care; Sierra Medicinals' Dr. Steven Rosenblatt's Starch Blocker.
- Sanofi-aventis' Allegra to Go O-T-C. // MMR;2/7/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p16
The article reports about the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's approval of an allergy medication Allegra-D for over-the-counter use.
- Q & A Future of OTC. // Drug Store News;3/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p22
The article presents questions and answers related to over-the-counter (OTC) drugs in the U.S., the progress in making OTCs eligible for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the key opportunities for the OTC industry.
- Members Are Talking …. // Pharmacy Today;Jul2012, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p32
An excerpt from the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) members-only e-Community discussion on the proposed over-the-counter (OTC)+ category of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is presented.
- Expanding the availability of OTC medication. Bell, Edward A. // Infectious Diseases in Children;May2012, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is considering allowing the establishment of some medications to be available over-the-counter (OTC) following the use of specific electronic diagnostic measures or algorithms, or after consultation with a pharmacist.