Closing in on death? Reflections on research and researchers in the field of death and dying
- Î§Î± Absolute Chaos: The Early Romantic Poetics of Complex Form. Theisen, Bianca; Barry, Kelly // Studies in Romanticism;Fall2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p301
Discusses the early romantic tendency to present an aesthetic concept of chaos in mechanical terms. Romantic transformation of chaos as an aesthetic concept; Function of chaos for early romantic poets as a concept of order that merges "order" and "chaos"; Embodiment of such an idea of order in...
- Editorial. Rogers, Helen // Journal of Victorian Culture (Edinburgh University Press);Spring2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, pv
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the implication of the European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH) of the European Studies Foundation (ESF), article on the John Ruskin's romanticist language of visuality, and the Digital Forum.
- Life is Good, But Death Ain't Bad Either: Counter-Intuitive Implicit Biases to Death in a Normative Population. Hussey, Ian; Daly, Tarah; Barnes-Holmes, Dermot // Psychological Record;Dec2015, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p731
The current study explored implicit attitudes to life and death in a student population using both the Implicit Association Test (IAT) and the Implicit Relational Assessment Procedure (IRAP). The IAT was similar to one used in previously published researched in the context of the prospective...
- Death is inevitable; so is the shock. Davis, Jeff // Malakoff News (TX);5/20/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 20, p6A
The article offers the author's insights regarding his encounter with death and realization of an unavoidable death.
- Keeping the Dead 'Alive.'. Hussein, Angela Murock // dig;May/Jun2007, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p10
The article provides information on the beliefs of ancient Etruscans regarding their dead ancestors. INSET: Special Guardians.
- FEAR OF DEATH. Young, Peter N. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;3/31/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7850, p32
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Who's afraid of whom?," by I. Heath in the March 7, 2012 issue.
- BOOK REVIEW. Last Acts of Kindness, Lessons for the Living from the Dying. Bartol, Genevieve M. // Beginnings;Aug2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p13
The article reviews the book â€œLast Acts of Kindness, Lessons for the Living from the Dying,â€ by Judith Redwing Keyssar.
- Encounters with Death. Koo, Kevin // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Aug2013, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p986
The poem "Encounters with Death" by Kevin Koo is presented. First Line: In the First Year; Last Line: And in the Fourth Year, I accepted Death.
- Locked In and Locked Out. Fred, Herbert L. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;Feb2015, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p4
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of witnessing his mother's death.