The mismanagement of dying
- Can the Summary Care Record ever deliver for primary care? Koczan, Phil; Swinyard, Peter // Pulse;2/3/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p13
The article offers the author's views on whether the Summary Care Record can deliver primary care in Great Britain.
- The Cortlandt Letters. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p60
Answers readers' questions on several issues concerning primary care medicine. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on medical care.
- What price the contract? Jenner, David // Pulse;7/1/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 26, p28
Reveals the cash boost that primary care in Great Britain needs if the contract is to be priced in a way acceptable to general practitioners. Expectation of funds for general practice; Amount needed to be directed to primary care.
- HOUSTON. Ross, Jon // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;5/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p48
Reports on the transformation of the health care system in Houston, Texas. Factors behind shift toward primary care; Restructuring of delivery system; Proposal for creation of a hospital system-based network; Possible impact of managed care on health care economy.
- A primary care perspective. Solomon, George // Age & Ageing;Aug2001 Supplement 2, Vol. 30, p43
Presents a perspective of primary care medicine in Great Britain. Aims of innovations in primary care in the country; Introduction of case management; Overview of the health institutions for the aged; Problems seen in primary care medicine.
- OPINION: Leader - How the LMCs will feel squeeze of
contract. // GP: General Practitioner;11/24/2003, p34
For a measure of the fundamental shift in the primary care universe caused by the new GMS contract, looks no further than the report on the future of LMCs by the School of Health and Related Research in Sheffield, England. Its conclusion that smaller LMCs will have to adapt-by raising levies,...
- New powers for PCO managers. // GP: General Practitioner;3/3/2003, p1
Reports that primary care organizations (PCOs) managers will take on wide-ranging powers under the general medical services contract in Great Britain. Types of enhanced services that PCOs will commission; Patient transport service that PCOs will provide; Other provisions in the contract.
- Personalized Medicine. Meyer, Charles R. // Minnesota Medicine;May2008, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the importance of hospital medicine as an alternative to primary care and another on the concept of the medical home.
- GPs hit out at CHI reviews of PCTs. Middlemiss, Prisca // GP: General Practitioner;10/7/2002, p03
Focuses on the review site of a primary care trust. Inspection of different fields of medicine; Failure to understand the relationship between general practitioners and primary care trusts.