- For those who witness violence in the home. Thorp, Sam // Community Care;6/21/2007, Issue 1678, p24
The article focuses on the Community Group Treatment Programme launched by the London Borough of Sutton to help children who have experienced domestic violence in Great Britain. Funded jointly by the council, Sutton and Merton Primary Care Trust and the Children's Fund, the service has been...
- Gender-Based Domestic Violence against Children: Experiences of Girl-Children in Nigeria. Esere, Mary O.; Idowu, Adeyemi I.; Omotosho, Joshua A. // Journal of Psychology in Africa;2009, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p107
This study investigated the dynamics of gender-based domestic violence against children in Nigeria. This qualitative study explored the experiences of 20 purposively selected girl-children (age range = 12 to 15 years) from two SOS Children's Village who have been victims of Domestic Violence...
- Risk Factor Models for Adolescent Verbal and Physical Aggression Toward Fathers. Pagani, Linda; Tremblay, Richard; Nagin, Daniel; Zoccolillo, Mark; Vitaro, Frank; McDuff, Pierre // Journal of Family Violence;Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p173
Using a French-Canadian population-based longitudinal data set, we examine the impact of socioeconomic factors (paternal education and family structure); inherent individual factors (child gender and developmental trajectories of physical aggression from early to later childhood, problematic...
- The Impact of Family Violence on Children and Adolescents. Boutilier, Christina // Discourse of Sociological Practice;Winter99, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p34
The article reviews the book "The Impact of Family Violence on Children and Adolescents," by Javad H. Kashani and Wesley D. Allan.
- Josephine's Journey: Gender-based Violence and Marian Devotion in Urban Papua New Guinea. Hermkens, Anna-Karina // Oceania;Jul2008, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p151
This article deals with how, in the urban setting of Madang, Papua New Guinea, Marian devotion is deployed in response to domestic and gender-based violence. While providing insight into the lived religious experiences of Catholic women living in Madang, this article shows how Mary empowers her...
- The Punishment of Children. Maslova, T. F.; Smagina, M. V. // Russian Education & Society;Jul2012, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p29
Russian sociological research on violence against children within families shows a lack of consensus on what constitutes violence, the extent to which it should be avoided, and what its consequences are.
- The effectiveness of a trauma-focused psychoeducational secondary prevention program for children exposed to interparental violence: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. // Trials;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on a study protocol for a randomized controlled trial, which aims to assess the effectiveness of a trauma-focused psychoeducational secondary prevention program for children exposed to interparental violence. It is stated that adverse outcomes after observing interparental...
- Aten��o a crian�as e adolescentes v�timas de viol�ncia intrafamiliar por enfermeiros em servi�os de pronto-atendimento. Thomazine, Ang�lica Malman; Oliveira, Beatriz Rosana Gon�alves de; Viera, Cl�udia Silveira // Revista Eletr�nica de Enfermagem;2009, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p830
The intrafamiliar violence is the more complex and hided form of violence against children and teenagers, because they are living together with the aggressor. The health professionals have ethical and legal obligation in denounce this situation, then they need to know about the violence. The aim...
- Family Violence Against Children. // Kölner Zeitschrift für Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1999, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p418
The article reviews the book "Family Violence Against Children," edited by Detlev Frehsee, Wiebke Horn, and Kai-D Bussmann.