Up and running
- Make your home a haven. Purcell, Lauren // Self;Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p102
Presents tips on how to transform one's living room into an oasis. Types of furniture; Importance of setting the mind as to what type of arrangement is best for the space; Identification of the types of displays. INSETS: THE GUINEA PIG.;The plan..
- Sofas. // Australian House & Garden;Oct2011, p247
The article offers tips on how to select a new sofa for the living space. First, one should decide about the style, contemporary or more traditional, and the size too. As far as upholstery goes, textured fabrics in neutral colors are currently sought after. Removable slipcovers are a great idea...
- Lessons for Living. Garlock, Jody // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2008, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p132
The article discusses tips on how to make a living room relaxed enough for daily use and formal enough for guests. First is to keep the formal side by eliminating the television, and hanging silk drapes and choosing classic furniture. Second is to create a memorable room by displaying...
- House of wonders. // India Today;1/6/2014, p51
The article presents information on renovating a home within a budget. Designer Supraja Rao suggests to consider color harmony and balance for creating an eclectic style. It is suggested to match sofa in living room with wooden chairs or cushioned stools. Architect Unnati Pingle suggests to add...
- The dream of a golden age-DANISH EMPIRE FUNITURE. Gelfer-Jørgensen, Mirjam // Magazine Antiques;Jan2006, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p160
The article explores the style of Danish interior designs during the nineteenth century. The symbolic uses of furniture in Denmark was given an emphasis at the start of the century. Style did not only focus on the aesthetic value of the object but the historical, social and political...
- TWILIGHT FIELD. Pittel, Christine // House Beautiful;Oct2008, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p54
The article presents questions and answers related to the furniture plan of a 16-by-28-foot room, including how was the furniture in the room arranged and how was the fabric scheme worked out.
- Try templates for size. // Cabinet Maker;4/28/2006, Issue 5485, p35
A photograph containing all the life-size templates needed to lay out a living room is presented. It allow consumers to envisage how furniture will look in a room before buying it. Customers can move the pieces around until they find an arrangement they are happy with.
- THE 48 HOUR LIVING ROOM FIX. // Good Housekeeping;Feb2008, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p128
The article presents a 48-hour guide to fixing a living room. Start by throwing old magazine, papers and junk. Remove unwanted furniture and prime fireplace bricks. Paint fireplace, let dry and apply second coat if necessary. Mount shelves and mirror then install drapery hardware, and hang...
- sofa too large? artwork too small? how to get it right! // Real Living;Nov2011, Issue 71, p138
The article presents suggestions on decorating homes in appropriate manner. It mentions that in living rooms, a circle or U-shape arrangement of furniture allows a cavernous space to feel connected and comfortable. It highlights the benefits of kitchen cabinets and suggests to check furniture...