The great pretender
- Attractive tropical toppings. Crahan, Lauren // Architectural Record;Dec2004, Vol. 192 Issue 12, p295
The article presents information on Tropical Veneers collection which features handcrafted veneers containing slivers of organic materials from South America, such as coconut and totumo shell, plantain bark, and tagua seed. These exotic materials are embedded in an MDF base that comes in a...
- WINSOR. // Cabinet Maker;4/13/2012, Issue 5783, p34
The article offers brief information on the collection of Dordogne veneers from Winsor Furniture.
- Build Yourself A Basic Veneer Press. // Woodworker's Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p40
The article presents the author's tips on making a basic veneer press. One will need the clamping cauls and cross bearers. It's a good idea to layer newspaper or the like between the veneer and cauls during clamp-up. One should apply glue to the substrate in a thin smooth layer, place the veneer...
- Treefrog Veneer Space No. 1023. // Contract;Jun2005, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p48
The article presents information on the Treefrog Veneer product line which debuts its wood veneers in seven new finishes. Suitable for horizontal or vertical applications, the veneers are post formable and available in 4-feet.
- Light-Colored Koto Has Wide Range of USES AND NAMES. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Jan2005, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p42
The article reports that the light-colored Koto wood has wide range of uses in the wood manufacturing industry. Koto is a wood that has a variety of commercial uses, both in veneer and lumber form. It has long been used as a veneer for door skins and as core stock for plywood manufacturing. It...
- FUNDAMENTALS. Hylton, Bill // Illustrated Cabinetmaking: How to Design & Construct Furniture T;2008, p2
The article describes different classic styles of furniture. Characteristic features of a colonial style based on medieval, Renaissance, and English designs include heavy and simple turnings and extensive carving. The style referred to as baroque are typically characterized by their sculptural...
- Lexington lauds success of Tommy Bahama line. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;3/12/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p58
The article presents information on the successful lifestyle brand Tommy Bahama from Lexington Home Brands Inc. The branded line introduced seven years ago pioneered the casual island lifestyle trend and offers apparel, furniture and accessories. The furniture features maple solids and veneers,...
- Javor Pivka d.d. - in liquidation. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Company Profiles);2013, p7875
A profile of Javor Pivka d.d., also known as Javor Pivka JSC and Javor Pivka lesna industrija d.d., is presented. The company is based in Slovenia and produces wooden panels, veneer, shuttering panels and furniture. Peter Sifrer is Javor Pivka's deputy-chairman of the board. Financial...
- Making Wood Hold Fast. Johnstone, Rob; Kieffer, Bruce // Woodworker's Journal;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to woodworking including how to create a biscuit slot within the dado, the different styles of screw heads, and the advantages of sliced veneers.
- Mitred Lipping. Lloyd, John // British Woodworking;Aug/Sep2013, Issue 37, p26
The article offers step-by-step instructions for successfully and accurately adding mitred lipping to the edges of veneered board.