- Knowing your customer. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p3
Comments on the importance of keeping in touch with customers in furniture retailing.
- Opportunity Strikes. // Cabinet Maker;8/19/2011, Issue 5751, p18
The article offers tips for furniture retailers on how to be successful in business. It suggests furniture retailers to make changes or improvements to their shops or stores to increase sales. It tells them to know the number of add ons including pillows, headboards, and mattress covers which...
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR STORE SPARKLE THIS. McKeever, Karl // Cabinet Maker;8/26/2011, Issue 5752, p12
The article offers tips for furniture retailers on how to help maximize sales increase football counts during Christmas season in Great Britain. It suggests the need for retailers to make the most of their selling space and review the store layout to consider what parts of the shop can provide...
- I want to be alone . . . for a while anyway. // Cabinet Maker;11/28/2003, Issue 5366, p15
Focuses on the customer relations strategy of the furniture retailers in Great Britain. Enhancement of customer services; Facilitation of proactive approach; Response of the salesperson to customer needs.
- Women are our customers, but we drive them away. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p36
Comments on the need of furniture retailers to have a female-friendly sales practices in the U.S. Use of women-friendly solutions to improve customer experience; Cultivation of respect; Importance for the bedding furniture industry to connect with women.
- Wold: Clever tag lines can be worth millions. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;5/28/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p108
The article reports that consultant Barbara Wold has discussed the importance of clever tag lines at the Western Home Furnishings Association's convention held in Indian Wells, California. Wold said that clever tag lines can make significant impression on prospective customers. She shared tips...
- Halo drive to love underused rooms. // Cabinet Maker;2/23/2007, Issue 5526, p3
The article reports on the Great Room Revival campaign by furniture supplier Halo to increase sales and attract customers into its partners' stores. The sales promotion include a national advertisement in newspaper and magazine and Halo hosting customer events with furniture retailers in the...
- Pensioners demand service. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p3
Reports that independent furniture retailers in Great Britain could boost sales in the next few years, but only if they maintain their reputation for customer service. Total potential sales; Report from Verdict Research; Pensioners looking to enjoy themselves and spend.
- Going his own way. Cook, Simon // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p26
Interviews Simon Cook, director and co-founder of the No Confusion agency and retail consultancy. Career background; Influencing factors that involved him in the industry; Plans for the furniture industry; Strangest customer complaint heard.