Contract With the Kids
- Screening becomes the new payroll. May, Julian // Resourcing;Oct2008, Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the move of companies to outsource pre-employment screening and background checking in Great Britain. Reed Screening director Steve Bailey stated that the move has been brought by concerns on fraud, imposing labor laws and legislation and complexity of the process. The...
- Employers embrace multiservice HR outsourcing. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;6/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the adoption of multiservice human resource (HR) outsourcing by large employers in the U.S. as of June 2002. Reason of employers for embracing the outsourcing of non-core business processes; Benefits from outsourcing; Overview of the most commonly outsourced HR and benefits functions.
- Benefits outsourcing improves control of data, services. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the capability of the practice of outsourcing benefit and human resource functions to enhance control over the functions. Results of a survey of employee benefit professionals at 190 organizations; Reason for the practice of outsourcing; Factors that improve the performance of...
- HR functions are easily outsourced. Mie-Yun Lee // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p24
Focuses on the importance of human resource management outsourcing to business enterprises. Impact of effective and efficient human resource division on employee retention; Types of human resource management services; Reasons for the aversion of companies to outsourcing; Organizations offering...
- Don't overlook a key strategic asset in call centre staff. Hurley, Glenn // Personnel Today;6/25/2002, p18
Assesses the benefits of outsourcing the responsibilities of human resources to a call center. Percentage of average staff turnover in call centers; Lack of training and pay among call center staff; Proposals on the management boards to implement a people strategy.
- Pinch hitters. Tadjer, Rivka // Network World;02/22/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p41
Cites that it is more worthwhile to hire permanent employees for short-term projects than it is to hire an outsourcer. Usefulness of outsourcing for highly-specialized stuff; Preference for using telecommuters for short-term projects and offering them project-based careers; Ease in switching an...
- No more prima donnas. Dickerson, Chad // InfoWorld;11/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p15
Discusses several factors to consider in hiring or managing information technology employees. Significance of economic conditions to hiring and management practices; Advantage of the increasing number of technology experts; Growth of outsourcing.
- Employers turning to HR outsourcing to cut costs. // Personnel Today;12/2/2003, p4
More than a quarter of employers are currently looking at outsourcing all transactional HR processes, according to the latest research. Around 31 per cent of firms are considering an outsourcing deal, with cost cutting the main objective. The survey of 800 HR directors by Capita HR found more...
- Outsourcing Background Checks. Garvey, Charlotte // HR Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p95
Presents tips on limiting legal exposure when outsourcing background checks on job applicants. Benefits of outsourcing the activity; Importance of notifying and gaining the consent of applicants to the background check; Steps in handling negative information on applicants. INSETS: Get Positive...