Bargaining Over Arbitration of Bias Claims
- Statutory Arbitration and Mandatory Bargaining. Zuckerman, Susan C. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Aug-Oct2000, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p90
Reviews the decision of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals on a statutory arbitration and mandatory bargaining case involving Air Line Pilots Association and Northwest Airlines. Background on the case; Basis of the court's decision; Arguments raised by Northwest Airlines.
- Briefs. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr2000, Vol. 123 Issue 4, p30
Presents updates on the court rulings on several labor cases in the United States as of April 2000. Decision of the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit to a class action suit against Northwest Airlines; Purpose of creating the Physicians for Responsible Negotiation union; Ruling of the...
- First sexually harassed, then murdered? Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Jul95, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the sexual harassment charges filed against Northwest Airlines Inc. by the parents of Susan Taraskiewicz, a murdered employee of the company. Northwest's need to negotiate a settlement with Taraskiewicz's trustees; Absence of link between Taraskiewicz' alleged sexual harassment and...
- Inside Scoop. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p3
Presents news about traveling. Newspapers that feature travel deals; Decision by the circuit court regarding the lawsuits filed against Northwest Airlines for extensive delays at Detroit Metro Airport in Michigan.
- Supreme Court to hear airport fees case. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/1/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 18, p35
Highlights the `Northwest Airlines vs. Kent Country, Michigan' or the `Grand Rapids' case involving airport fees. Date and venue of hearing; Issues involved.
- High court confronts `reasonable fee' issue. Phillips, Edward D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/6/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 23, p28
Focuses on a Supreme Court case involving the airport fee structure of Kent County, Michigan. Fees as set forth by terms of the Anti-Head Tax Act enacted by US Congress in 1973; Northwest Airlines, Inc. vs. Kent County, Michigan; Vagueness of congressional guidelines; Carrier's allegations;...
- Northwest should honor pact down under. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/14/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 24, p104
Editorial. Argues that Northwest Airlines should honor its agreement with Australia regarding boarding of Australia-bound passengers at Osaka, Japan. Violations of the agreement; Defending of the carrier by the United States government; Australia's trade issue complaints with the U.S.
- Northwest Airlines. // AirGuide Online.com;12/14/2009, p11
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by a 58-year-old air passenger against Northwest Airlines Inc., alleging that she wrenched her knee while trying to get settled in the plane's middle seat.
- Northwest Airlines. // CruiseGuide;12/14/2009, p16
The article discusses a court case wherein plaintiff Kathy Kuhn filed for a liability lawsuit demanding unspecified cash award against the defendant Northwest Airlines after she suffered injury while trying to get settled in a middle seat in a plane from Detroit to Las Vegas, Nevada but the...