Training Conference Launches a NASA Move
- Teamwork takes work. Caudron, Shari // Personnel Journal;Feb94, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p40
Discusses the impact of teamwork on the success of corporations. Exemplification of teamwork among astronauts of the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA); Problems encountered in implementation of teamwork strategies; Development of employee communication and...
- I'll Be Your Mirror. PELLERIN, CHARLES J. // Chief Learning Officer;Nov2010, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p58
The author, founder of training firm 4-D Systems, discusses his firm's approach to adult learning. Experience taught him that the top objective of any training program must be behavioral change. He describes the success his company had with its workshops, assessments, and coaching while working...
- In Brief. // IIE Solutions;Jul99, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p15
Presents news on several organizations and manufacturing companies in the United States in July 1999. Recommendation for ISO 9001 certification of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Headquarters; Plans of the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council to institute skill standards;...
- NASA's Leadership Alchemy. Kogod, Kanu // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p17
The article presents the 7 principles of leadership development. These principles drive the leadership development program of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The agency's Leadership Alchemy is a program designed to develop forward thinking leaders by developing internal...
- NASA: Progress Made on Strategic Human Capital Management, but Future Program Challenges Remain: GAO-07-1004. Chaplain, Cristina // GAO Reports;8/9/2007, p1
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is engaged in efforts to replace the Space Shuttle with the next generation of human space flight systems and implement the President's space exploration policy. To do this, NASA must recruit, develop, and retain certain critical skills...
- Gov. Blanco pursues NASA project with $1M training promise. Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/29/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
Reports on Louisiana Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's strategy for the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) search for a site for its Shared Services Center. Funds committed by Blanco for work force training to make sure the state's citizens can compete for jobs at...
- Join the NASA Engineering Design Challenge. // NSTA Express;9/10/2007, p3
This article invites schools to participate in the Engineering Design Challenge of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration in 2007.
- NASA Education Webcasts with Astronauts. // NSTA Express;9/7/2009, p2
The article offers information on the live education webcasts, in which U.S. National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) Administrator Charles Bolden and space shuttle astronauts will participate on September 8 and September 10, 2009.
- Bring the Solar System to Your Community -- Become a MESSENGER Fellow. // NSTA Express;3/1/2010, p3
The article offers information on how to become a messenger educator fellow and be a part of the National Aeronautics & Space Administration's (NASA) messenger mission to mercury.