Some Companies Just Aren't Ready for CBT
- Training: Companies scurry to keep staffs. Yakubik, Paula // Las Vegas Business Press;1/16/95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the increasing number of companies in Clark County, Nevada which are giving computer training programs for their employees. Importance of keeping rank-and-file employees competitively trained and computer literate; Growing demand for employee training programs in various fields.
- Developing Organizational Talent: The Key to Performance and Productivity. Benham, Philip O. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Winter93, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the importance of developing organization talent in the performance and productivity of business enterprises. Questions that provides useful framework for designing an employee development program; Important program components for a successful orientation program; Focus of performance...
- Taking charge of training. Koepfer, Chris // Modern Machine Shop;Aug93, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p82
Features Akron, Ohio's school aimed at training workers of acceptable company job skills. Akron Machining Institute (AMI) as a non-profit and private school; National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA) Akron chapter as AMI's owner; Member companies; Initial donation; Curriculum as a...
- …training. // Personnel Today;10/1/2002, p7
Focuses on the employees training system adopted by several British firms, as of October 1, 2002. Aim of the training course implemented by Intercontinental Hotels for its staff; Induction system developed by Grosvenor Casinos to help integrate new staff into the business; Training program...
- Maximizing Your Training Investment. Phelps, Janet M. // Business NH Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p63
Focuses on the importance of the training program to improve the financial condition of the companies in New Hampshire. Measurement of the effectiveness of the training program; Complaints of the customer on the increases of sales; Creation of the Job Training Program for Economic Growth.
- The great brain train. Moore, Patricia // NZ Business;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p32
Discusses various aspects of employee training. New Zealand-based companies' investment in staff training; Benefits offered by employee training; Tips on planning for staff training; Selecting a provider of employee training services.
- Top area corporate training companies. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/16/98, Vol. 16 Issue 46, pB10
Lists the top corporate training companies in Grand Rapids, Michigan, ranked by combination of 1997 revenues and employees. Includes SilDale Carnegie Training; Quantum Services Inc.; Nancy Skinner & Associates Inc.; Employers Association.
- Corporate career centers have much to offer. Ludden, LaVerne // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p35A
Focuses on the importance of establishing career centers among the businesses in Indianapolis, Indiana. Offer of multiple personal marketing workshops; Effort of maximizing work content satisfaction; Assistance of getting educational and training needed to attain career goals.
- Putting staff first in brand evolution. Gofton, Ken // Marketing (00253650);2/3/2000, p29
Focuses on the use of living the brand program in staff training at business enterprises in Great Britain. Basic premise of the program; Case of British Airways; Reasons behind the importance of the program in meeting customers' needs. INSET: ICELAND COMES IN FROM THE COLD..
- Training funds available. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p25
Announces the availability of training funds from Columbia-Greene Workforce New York for employees in New York. Opportunity of the companies to improve employee skills; Benefits of the grants for the employers and employees; Contact information.