Out of the Red, Into the Blue
- Broadening horizons. Bredin, James // Industry Week/IW;10/06/97, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p68
Reports on the training of International Business Machines Corp. executives at Cambridge University, England. Avoidance of the program to any direct reference to computers or management theory; Techniques to enable executives to achieve a wider perspective.
- Rebalancing the Workforce At IBM: A Case Study of Redeployment and Revitalization. Greenhalgh, Leonard; McKersie, Robert B.; Gilkey, Roderick W. // Organizational Dynamics;Spring86, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the concept of redeployment and revitalization adopted by the International Business Machine (IBM) in Vermont. Identification of workforce inefficiency; Techniques in workforce reduction imposed by IBM; Products and services of the company.
- Centre of attention. Pickard, Jane // People Management;7/6/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p30
Provides information on AskHR, a service center of IBM company covering Europe. Operations of the service center; Human resource services provided by the center; Shared-services of the center; Details on the human resource professionals employed in the center.
- Build Leaders From Within. Davis, Nancy M. // HR Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p10
The article presents information on the Global Human Capital Study 2008 sponsored by IBM and published by its Global Business Services Human Capital Management practice and its Institute for Business Value. The study emphasizes the importance of building leaders from within. Almost half of the...
- How to upgrade your people. Ellinor, Rebecca // Supply Management;4/24/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p33
The article examines how International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) is able to recruit and retain the best purchasers in China. According to IBM chief purchasing officer John Paterson, the company offers incremental investment in the development of local employees. Paterson adds that employees...
- Instant Secretaries: Just Add Training. Hennebach, Carol // Training & Development;Nov92, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p63
Focuses on the success of the International Business Machines Corp. in retraining blue-collar workers in secretarial and clerical skills. Program details; Workers' response to retraining; Impact of the program on productivity.
- Essar Group deploys IBM solution for HR operations. // Express Computer;7/16/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p49
The article focuses on the report from the technology company International Business Machines (IBM) which states that Indian power company Essar Group has deployed IBM's power systems for its Human Resource Management System (HRMS) operations.
- POSTINGS. // InfoWorld;7/31/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p9
This article presents the views of journalists in the information technology (IT) industry on various issues related to the sector. One columnist received numerous letters from readers on how companies treat their IT staff. The columnist believe that he is not surprised from the number of...
- IBM offers voluntary redundancy. // Electronics Weekly;5/8/2002, Issue 2051, p5
Reports that IBM Corp. is looking for redundancies and early retirement from its workforce in Great Britain. Objective of the move; Information on the financial performance of the company in April 2002.