- News poll. // Workforce (10928332);Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p18
Features the human resources-related questions posed to users of `Workforce' Web site and their answers.
- Honoring HR's Brightest Lights. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the Optimas Awards of `Workforce' magazine designed to honor human resources practitioners. Meaning of the word optimas; Award categories; Date set for the awards' presentation.
- Optimas 2001. Wiscombe, Janet // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p33
Looks at the companies receiving the 2001 Optimas Awards from `Workforce' magazine for their excellence in human resources management. Qualities of the Optimas awardees; Meaning of the Latin word optimas; Way to nominate an organization for the Optimas award.
- HR by the numbers. // Workforce;Jun98, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p89
Provides information on the findings of the `A Day in the Life of HR,' survey by `Workforce' magazine. INSETS: About the survey;Not the brightest bulbs #1: The dumbest..., by Allan Halcrow;Not the brightest bulbs #2: The dumbest..., by Allan Halcrow.
- HR by the Numbers. Bryan, Nancy Wong // Workforce;Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p94
Focuses on the results of the Day in the Life of HR, a survey of human resources (HR) professionals, conducted by the `Workforce' magazine for the year 2000. Statistical results; Worst crisis that HR professionals ever faced first thing in the morning; Company policies violated by HR professionals.
- IIP's credibility questioned despite satisfaction poll. Rana, Eila // People Management;10/14/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 20, p15
Questions the quality of the Investors in People (IIP) award for companies in Great Britain. Reason for doubts over the standard's credibility; Impact of the award on companies who have received it; Changes that the IIP is undergoing which will shift its focus.
- 2013 Sloan Award Winners Announced. // HR Magazine;Oct2013, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p79
The article reports on the announcement of the winners of the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility by the Society for Human Resource Management and the Families and Work Institute, and mentions the winners' practices.
- WORKFORCE Optimas Awards 2002. // Workforce (10928332);Mar2002, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p26
Lists the winners of the 'Workforce' magazine's 2002 Optimas Awards. SYSCO Corp.; WellPoint Health Networks; Acxiom Corporation.
- Awarding good balance. // New Zealand Management;May2003, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p11
Focuses on EEO Trust's Work and Life Awards 2003 which recognize companies in New Zealand that successfully help their employees to balance work/life priorities. Forms of a genuine regard for health and happiness of employees.