- FTC to broaden `Made in U.S.A.' standard. Calderwood, James A. // Ceramic Industry;Sep97, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p116
Details the plan of Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to broaden the labeling standard of United States products. Proposal issued by FTC for guidelines of labeling; Results of a survey conducted by FTC on labeling; How the proposal of FTC can affect the advertising and labeling of US products.
- Is it Made in America? That's a tough question. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;1/6/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p32
In this article, the author focuses on differences in product labeling standards of California as compared to other states of the U.S. and reveals that regardless of the idea of California Senate to pass a bill matching Federal Trade Commission standards, labeling would not change in California.
- Bird-Dogging the Bottlers. // Time;9/13/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p80
The article focuses on the bottled water. It is stated that the home consumption of bottled water has increased by more than 50 percent in the past five years and also reports on the rise in the sales of the bottled water. It informs that there has been no set of governmental standards or...
- Internet privacy concerns addressed. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;6/16/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 24, p6
Examines the suggestion by the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) that unless new technology is unveiled that can deal with privacy issues on the Internet, there may be a need for regulations. The claim by media companies and direct marketers that change now sweeping the World Wide Web...
- THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSIONï¿½A STUDY IN SURVIVAL. Freer Jr., Robert E. // Business Lawyer;Jul71, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p1505
Focuses on the function of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United States. Report of the American Bar Association concerning the management of resources of the FTC; Inadequacy in the system of recruitment and promotion of staff; Mislocation of funds and personnel.
- Hollings Threatens Cuts Over FTC Plan. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the retrenchment of employees and cutting of salaries on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Decrease of gross profits; Downsizing of the organization; Deterioration of the clearance process.
- The Man With a Plan. Brown, Doug // Interactive Week;7/23/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p53
Features United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Chairman Timothy Muris. Role of FTC in the issue about Internet privacy; FTC antitrust cases criticized by Muris; Views of Muris on antirust.
- Love it or leave it? McGinnis, Karin // Business North Carolina;May2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p76
The article offers information on the role of social media in the business in North Carolina. It mentions that social media is an effective marketing tool. It states that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) prohibits employees from endorsing company products without disclosing the...
- Status quo expected from new FTC director. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;08/09/99, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p34
Reports on the appointment of Richard Parker as bureau of competition director at the United States Federal Trade Commission in 1999. Comments from William Kopit, a healthcare antitrust lawyer with Washington office of Epstein, Becker & Green.