- SPECT imaging of the stomach: comparison with barostat, and effects of sex, age, body mass index, and fundoplication. Bouras, E.P.; Delgado-Aros, S.; Camilleri, M.; Castillo, E.J.; Burton, D.D.; Thomforde, G.M.; Chial, H.J. // Gut;Dec2002, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p781
Background: Impaired gastric accommodation may lead to dyspeptic symptoms. A non-invasive method using single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) has been developed to measure gastric volumes. Aims and methods: Our aims were: to assess the accuracy of SPECT with three dimensional image...
- Menetrier's disease. // British Medical Journal;1/20/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6157, p150
Focuses on the common gastric diseases. Diagnosis of disease in people between 30 to 50; Incidence of cardiovascular thrombotic disease; Signs and symptoms of disease.
- The Use of Tetracycline Fluorescence in the Detection of Gastric Malignancy. Sandlow, L.J.; Allen, H.A.; Necheles, H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar63, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p409
Examines the use of tetracycline fluorescence in the diagnosis of gastric malignancy. Review of literature on tetracycline fluorescence; Tetracycline administration; Confirmation of gastric malignancy; Technical problems in the procedure.
- Tummy Troubles. Vartabedian, Bryan S. // Parenting;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p49
Deals with stomachaches in children. Diagnosis and treatment of causes, such as overindulgence, constipation and others; Determining whether the child's symptoms are stress-related or not; Questions commonly asked by the pediatrician regarding a child's pain. INSETS: The stress...
- Isolated Gastric Tuberculosis: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Mukhopadhyay, Madhumita; Rahaman, Quazi; Mallick, Nisith; Khan, Dawood; Roy, Sudipta; Biswas, Niloy // Indian Journal of Surgery;Oct2010, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p412
Isolated gastric tuberculosis is a rare condition, even in those parts of the world where intestinal tuberculosis is common. Herein we describe a case of a thirty year old female patient with isolated gastric tuberculosis who presented with features of gastric outlet obstruction.
- Forbidden fruit. Merrill, M. Reed // Cortlandt Forum;9/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p53
Presents a medical case involving a boy suffering from bellyache. Initial diagnosis of acute appendicitis; Medical examination conducted; Boy's confession of eating 13 green apples.
- A gastric submucosal mass: Emad EI-Omar, Editor. EI-Omar, Emad // Gut;Mar2010, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p291
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of a 42-year-old male who has epigastric pain and a submucosal mass in the gastric cardia is presented.
- Spontaneous Gastric Pneumatosis Causing Abdominal Pain. Barbour, John Richard; Stokes, James P.; Uflacker, Andre; Saunders, Stuart B.; Morgan, Katherine A. // American Surgeon;Feb2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p220
A letter to the editor about a case of a 40-year-old male who experienced midepigastric pain caused by gastric pneumatosis is presented.
- 33-Year-Old Woman With Epigastric Pain and Hematemesis. Miranda, William R.; Smith, Jolene M.; Burton, M. Caroline // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Feb2012, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p194
A quiz concerning hematemesis management, cause of hematemesis, and diagnosis of a patient suffering from hematemesis is presented.