- Gallstones plague patients who've had abdominal surgery. // RN;Jun92, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p84
States that one out of four patients who have major abdominal surgery is at risk for gallstones according to a recent `Lancet' study. Details of the study by Australian surgeons; Preoperative fasting may have been a precipitating factor.
- Linking gallstones with weight loss. // Obesity & Health;May/Jun93, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p45
Reveals that gallstones form up to 15 to 25 times faster for persons on very low calorie diet (VLCD) over the general obese population. Study by University of Alabama nutrition researchers; Surgery; Impact on public health and demands on health care facilities; Three factors in increase of...
- Preoperative diagnosis of gallbladder perforation by... Albu, Eugene; Patel, Kamini // American Surgeon;Dec1996, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p1066
Presents a case report of a 53-year old insulin dependent diabetic male, in who early cholescintigraphy permitted preoperative diagnosis of gallbladder perforation. Tests for evaluation of suspected gallbladder disease; Ultrasound results; Information on the male patient.
- Special medical reports. // American Family Physician;1/1/1994, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p251
Focuses on gallbladder cancer and gallstone disease in the United States. Asymptomatic and symptomatic gallstone disease; Prevention of future biliary pain or complications; Cholecystectomy.
- The screen test. Nuland, S.B. // Discover;Jul91, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p78
Describes the surgical procedure called the laparoscopic cholecystectomy, or gall bladder removal. Gall bladder disease; Original cholecystectomy technique; Benefits of laparoscopic technique; Using the laparoscope.
- Tuberculous cholecystitis. Swain, B.; Otta, S.; Mohapatra, S. S. G. // Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology;Jul2013, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p317
A letter to the editor is presented related to Gallbladder tuberculosis, which often mislead with carcinoma gallbladder.
- Port-Site Metastasis after Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Benign Disease. Lane, T.M.; Cook, A.J. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p283
Describes the case history of a patient presenting with port-site metastasis from an occult pancreatic malignancy after laparoscopy for benign gallbladder disease. Factors that may have contributed to the development of the port-site metastasis; Solutions to reduce the incidence of port-site...
- Management of Gallstones and Their Complications. Ahmed, Aijaz; Cheung, Ramsey C.; Keeffe, Emmet B. // American Family Physician;3/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p1673
Discusses salient clinical features, diagnostic tests and therapeutic options employed in the management of gallstones and their complications. Pathogenesis of gallstones; Clinical presentations; Diagnostic studies.
- The pain of Gallstones. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Aug99, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on gallstones. Occurrence of gallstones when liquid stored in the gallbladder hardens into pieces of stone-like material; Types; Causes; Symptoms and diagnosis.