Alien Concepts: Navigating the Labyrinth of Rules Applying to Gifts and Estates of Non-U.S. Citizens
- It Takes a Team. // On Wall Street;Dec2006, Vol. 16 Issue 12, Special section p2
The article presents an introduction to the topics covered in "Wealth Management" supplement of "On Wall Street" including practice management, estate planning, and charitable giving.
- Estate planning and your will. // Finance Week;7/28/2003, FINANCE WEEK p6
Gives advice on whether to include foreign assets into one's estate planning. Implications of nondisclosure of foreign assets; Need to consult with a professional financial service group with offshore operations or those with international service provider ties; Advantages of disclosing foreign...
- Note From the Editor. Lipp, Susan R. // Trusts & Estates;Aug2011, Vol. 150 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including the factors and strategies regarding wealth management client fees, the importance of estate planning advisors, the communication methods for delivering trust beneficiary notices regarding withdrawal rights.
- Rapunzel's Lament. Wagner, Richard B. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the issue of planning wealthy people's finance. Relevance of the story of Rapunzel to the issue; Discussion on wealth transfer processes; Factors to consider in financial planning.
- Note From The Editor. Lipp, Susan R. // Trusts & Estates;May2013, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including estate planning, wealth management, trusteeship.
- Mapping the world of accounting and finance. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2008 Guide, Vol. 55 Issue 37, p4
The article discusses the significance of accountants and financial planners in the U.S. It cites that financial experts are knowledgeable for giving advice on taxes, estate planning or compensation. It highlights the specialization of various financial professionals including areas on audit,...
- Wealth Transfer Planning Helps Minimize Taxes And Maximize Gifts. Fishbein, Robert // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/12/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 18, p14
The article focuses on key elements of lifetime wealth transfer planning in the U.S. It states that lifetime wealth transfer planning, which is referred to as the strategic transfer of assets to selected beneficiaries, can help minimize transfer taxes. Furthermore, it reveals that the $12,000...
- Estate Tax Reduction with Asset Protection. Brown, Edward D. // Journal of Practical Estate Planning;Aug2008, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p25
The article explains the benefits of estate planning and asset protection as well as notes measures to avoid estate inclusion or claims of fraudulent transfer. It emphasizes the importance of the estate tax reduction with asset protection (ETRAP) tools on planning. The author also cites four...
- THE MAKEOVER Portfolio. Rosenberg, Yuval // Money;May2009, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p52
The article discusses steps that people can take in order to makeover their financial portfolio. The finances of a particular family who is trying to save for the future are discussed. Advice that is given in the article regarding investment decisions that the author feels people should make,...