Talking Point: Destiny Calling
- Mark Johannessen On His Calling -- and Yours. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16
An interview Mark E. Johannessen, president of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), is presented. When asked about the FPA's 2008 agenda he states that it is advocacy for the financial planning profession and consumers. He indicates that the purpose of the initiative entitled Co-creating...
- Johannessen Tapped as President-Elect, Three Members Join Board of Directors. Ballinger, Beau // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2007 Supplement, p28
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association has named financial planner Mark E. Johannessen as president-elect for the year 2007. Michael Busch, Bonnie Hughes, and Bill Moran will join the association's Board of Directors for three-year terms. Johannesen, a managing director of...
- FPA pushes for retirement planning focus. Levy, Benjamin // Money Management;12/1/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p10
The article reports on the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) encouragement of its members to put emphasis on post-retirement and retirement planning in Australia.
- Opt-in would magnify market dangers - Rantall. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;8/18/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the statement of Financial Planning Association (FPA) chief executive Mark Rantall, which reveals that the market volatility provides a reason why opt-in is a bad policy with unintended consequences in Australia.
- FPA Hires Tax-Reform Lobbyist. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p21
Reports that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has hired Alfred Campos to be its in-house lawyer to tackle tax reform legislation. Career background of Campos; Information on an FPA initiative aimed at increasing limit for Individual Retirement Account contributions.
- FPA's Tuttle to Retire in 2014. Sullivan, John // Investment Advisor;Jun2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p96
The article announces that Financial Planning Association (FPA) chief executive officer (CEO) Marv Tuttle will retire from the organization on June 2014.
- New faces win seats on FPA board. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;10/13/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the elected members of the board of directors of Financial Planning Association in Australia. List of the winners; Designation of a seat for the board members ; Call to stop destroying the reputation of financial planners.
- Give One Hour a Week and Change Lives. Luesink, Anja // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2011 Practice Management Sol, p29
The article focuses on the importance for Financial Planning Association (FPA) members to participate in pro bono financial planning program in their respective communities in the U.S. It mentions the study conducted by the Center for Financial Security at the University of Wisconsin which...
- Succession on His Mind. Wenger, Scott // Financial Planning;Jul2013, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p16
An interview with Michael Branham, Financial Planning Association (FPA) president, is presented. Asked how one finds the right strategy for growth, Branham says this is done through effective practice management where professionals determine how to properly grow the practice and structure staff...