STATS & FACTS
- Slammed and Shattered. Richards, Dan // Financial Planning;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p107
Comments on the decline in investor confidence in the fundamental fairness of markets and the integrity of their financial advisers. Factors which have contributed to the situation; Reasons financial advisers are denying the decline in their relationship with clients.
- Big brokers struggle for a new identity. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;7/10/97, Vol. 89 Issue 157, pB6
Looks at the fundamental paradigm shift in financial management in the late 1990s away from big institutions and toward the small or individual investor. The bypassing of brokerages by savvy investors; The impact that small investors have had on mutual fund assets since 1990; How brokerages are...
- Question of the Week. // Investment Management Weekly;9/2/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p6
Questions several money managers on their strategies in addressing the client fears on the stock market's economic condition.
- General News. Randall, Danielle; Toland, Tamiko // Investment Management Weekly;12/30/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p2
Presents news briefs on activities of institutional investors and their money managers in the U.S. as of December 2002.
- Investors Believe Their Fees Are Already Transparent. // Millionaire Corner;May2010, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on a survey which determined the opinion of investors on fees as a factor in selecting an investment advisor.
- Booming Institutional Business Brings Jobs Aplenty. // Investment Management Weekly;05/01/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p1
Provides an overview of articles concerning the activities of institutional investors and their money managers which appeared in the May 2000 issue of `Investment Management Weekly.'
- What's your financial game plan? Anderson, Garnet // CA Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p20
Asserts the need for investors to enlist the help of an investment adviser. Advantages of hiring an investment adviser; Services provided by an investment adviser; How to decide if an investor needs an investment councilor.
- Tackling tardy executives. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;6/28/2002, p11
Provides information on fund activism in South Africa as of June 2002. Factor which is driving fund managers to be publicly proactive in the management of investee companies; Comment given by chairman Simon Marais of Allan Gray on the issue that the company will benefit from a special dividend...
- The Cocktail Party Test. Gresham, Stephen D. // On Wall Street;Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p95
Deals with the test of getting a prospective affluent investor. How to explain the role of a financial advisor to a valued client; Concept of the Unique Value Proposition; Questions to answer to discover one's unique value.