OTHER ARTICLES NOTED
- CME Questions. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/3/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 9, pITC5.16
A quiz concerning internal medicine is presented.
- THERAPEUTIC CONSIDERATIONS IN ACUTE AND CHRONIC DISEASES OF THE LIVER. Steigmann, Frederick // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1956, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p302
Cites a study on therapeutic considerations in acute and chronic disease of the liver, presented before the Course in Postgraduate Gastroenterology of the American College of Gastroenterology in Chicago, Illinois. Importance of bed rest to prevent further damage to the liver in patients with...
- Medicine and story: A novel clinical panorama arising from a unitary mind/body approach to... Broom, Brian Campbell // Advances in Mind-Body Medicine;Summer2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p161
Focuses on the integration of internal medicine and psychotherapy approach to physical illnesses. Perception of patients on illness in both organic and nonorganic illnesses; Importance of clinical attunement to macro and micro life emergence; Presupposition of integrative clinical approach to...
- Clinical Briefs. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;2/28/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p32
The article offers information on several studies related to internal medicine in the U.S. including the benefits of aspirin as primary prevention for diabetes, the benefits of cognitive therapy (COG) as secondary prevention for depression and the effects of Ginkgo biloba on the cognitive...
- Letters. Lindow, Thomas E.; Waddell, David D.; Rosch, Paul J.; Palmer, Robert H.; Felson, David T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/1/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p86
Presents letters to the editor about internal medicine in the U.S. Fair assessment of glucosamine and osteoarthritis; Treatment advances for osteoarthritis; Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy for osteoarthritis.
- Preventing Plaque Rupture: New Clinical Strategies. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;3/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p1362
Discusses the study 'Prevention of Plaque Rupture: A New Paradigm of Therapy,' by J.S. Forrester, from the November 19, 2002 issue of the 'Annals of Internal Medicine.'
- TRANSSEPTAL AORTOGRAPHY. Palma, Salvador; Arce-Gomez, Enrique; Alcocer, Luis; Aspe, Juclio; Aguirre, Luis // Angiology;Sep1969, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p428
We reviewed the first 100 cases of transseptal catheterization performed at the Division of Cardiology, Mexico City General Hospital; 15 cases in which this method was used to visualize the thoracic aorta and its branches were selected. We considered this method as a modification of the...
- Risk of Bleeding While Taking Oral Anticoagulants. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;8/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p770
Discusses research being done on the clinical impact of bleeding in patients taking oral anticoagulant therapy for venous thromboembolism. Reference to a study by L.A. Linkins et al published in an issue of "Annals of Internal Medicine" journal; Factors being considered in deciding on the...
- Rheumatology. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2001 Supplement, Vol. 84, pA53
The paper presents various articles on rheumatology. The first article "British Isles Lupus Assessment Group Scoring System-Onset Systematic Lupus Erythematosus," aims to further evaluate the use of the pediatric modification of the British Isles Lupus Assessment group. The next paper "Growth...