Movers & SHAKERS
- Tata shows interest in Jaguar and Land Rover. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Sep/Oct2007, p12
The article reports on the interest of India's Tata Group to buy Jaguar and Land Rover, according to its chairman Ratan Tata. Tata states that it will give them more of a global presence. Ford said in early August that it planned to have more details on the sale of Jaguar and LandRover by the...
- Roaring back. // Octane;2014 Special, p12
The article focuses on automobile manufacturer Jaguar Cars Ltd. which became independent of the British Leyland (BL) in 1984 but later acquired by the Ford Motor Co.in 1989. Brief information on the upcoming XK and CF series of the company which is made from advanced lightweight aluminium saloon...
- In U.S. tour, Mr. Tata gives Jaguar and Rover dealers a hug. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;6/30/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6314, p3
The article reports that Indian industrialist and billionaire Ratan Tata who had paid $3 billion to acquire Jaguar and Land Rover automobiles from Ford Motor Co., wasted no time flying over to the U.S. to meet some of the brand's oldest and biggest dealers. It is stated that Tata's cross-country...
- Indian billionaire to buy Jaguar and Land Rover. // Asian Pacific Post;1/10/2008, p22
The article reports on an announcement by U.S. automobile manufacturer Ford that India-based Tata Motors was the front-runner to buy its European brands Jaguar and Land Rover. The brands will be sold to counter Ford's rising debt. For Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata, the acquisition of the brands...
- Mistry To Take The Helm At Tata Sons. Chaze, Aaron // Global Finance;Jan2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
The article announces that Ratan Tata will retire as chairman of Tata Sons Ltd. and he will be succeeded by Cyrus Mistry.
- Idle doodle gave birth to Nano car. Chhatterjee, Madhusree // South Asian Post;10/21/2010, p21
The article discusses the origin of the Nano, an inexpensive car created by Ratan Tata of the Tata Group of companies in India, and mentions the book "Small Wonder: The Making of Nano," by Christabelle Noronha, Philip Chacko and Sujata Agarwal.
- India's top industrialist honoured in Vancouver. // South Asian Post;5/20/2010, p5
The article announces that Indian industrialist Ratan Tata has received the 2010 CIF Chanchlani Global Indian Award from the Canada India Foundation (CIF).
- Ratan Tata calls for more co-operation & collaboration among Indian companies; Pulls up India inc to do right thing and operate in the right value system. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;8/17/2014, p13
The article reports that Indian businessman Ratan Tata has called for more collaboration and cooperation among Indian companies.
- Tata honoured by knighthood. // Eastern Eye;5/9/2014, Issue 1250, p13
The article announces that Indian business tycoon Ratan Tata has received the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire honours by the British High Commission on May 5, 2014.