A cross to Bayer
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;1/29/97, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p25
Announces the appointment of Werner Wenning to Bayer's board of management effective February 1, 1997.
- Bayer Considers Doubling Its Investment in Latin America. Thurston, Charles // Chemical Market Reporter;07/19/99, Vol. 256 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the plan of Bayer AG to double its investment in Latin America up to 2004. Comment from Werner Wenning, management board representative of the firm in Latin America; Details on the investment plan; Information on the operation of the company.
- Bayer beats earnings forecast. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/22/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2160, p7
Reports on the success of Bayer to beat its full year earnings growth expectation in the second quarter of 2005. Factors that contributed to the success of Bayer; Expected increase in the earnings of the company for the year; Views of chairman Werner Wenning on the second quarter performance of...
- Bayer strengthens research and development pharmaceutical pipeline is well filled, with 50 projects currently in phases I to III of clinical testing. // Chemical Business;Jan2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p76
The article discusses the plans of the Bayer Group to expand its research and development activities. Werner Wenning, chairman of the Board of Management, said that their budget for research and development is â‚¬2.8 billion, the biggest in the in the chemical and pharmaceutical sector in...
- Bayer off to an excellent start in 2008. // Paintindia;Apr2008, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p195
The article reports on Bayer Group which posted excellent results in the first quarter of 2008. Werner Wenning, Chairman of Bayer AG Management Board, says their carried over the previous year's positive trend in both sales and earnings and that strengthened their confidence for the year as a...
- Bayer must find â‚¬200m savings. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;3/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p11
This article reports on announcement by Werner Wenning, chairman of Bayer, that the company needs to cut costs in its CropScience business to bring its performance up to standard and hit margin targets, as of March 2006. Wenning said they are examining the costs of the business compared with...
- Turn Bayer from a "Dinosaur" to a "Fierce Lion". // China Chemical Reporter;6/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p10
Focuses on Bayer AG chief executive officer Werner Wenning's growth strategy for its chemical business. Repositioning of the company's pharmaceutical business; Plans concerning the company's joint ventures; Bayer's pillars of operations.
- Bayer calls for greater biotechnology support. // Process Engineering;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p6
The article features a discussion on plant biotechnology potential by Bayer AG chairman Werner Wenning. Wenning stresses that plant biotechnology has other important contributions aside from nutrition. He states that customised plants can be used as bio-reactors for active pharmaceutical...
- Schering cuts save â‚¬700m/year. Robinson, Simon; Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;6/26/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the takeover of Schering by Bayer in June 2006. The takeover is considered the biggest and the most expensive deal in the company's history. At a joint news conference, Werner Wenning of Bayer rejected suggestions that Bayer had not moved fast enough to thwart Merck by...