Mixed outlook for 2008
- Global price uptrend persists. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/1/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 8, p38
The article presents information on global price increases for chemicals during 2010. It is stated that the price of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) has risen by 20 dollar per tonne during February 2010 in China. A U.S. propylene producer has nominated an increase of 5 cents/lb for March 2010. A U.S....
- CW PRICE REPORT. // Chemical Week;3/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 6, p29
The article reports on the prices of several chemicals. In the U.S., ethylene had a 2 cts/lb decline while propylene contracts increased by 5 cts/lb due to tight supply according to market sources. The prices of butadiene and naphtha contracts rose while ethane, propane and butane all fell. On...
- Margins under pressure. Vasnetsov, Sergey // Asian Chemical News;5/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 446, p9
Focuses on petroleum chemicals prices and margins in the U.S. as of May 17, 2004. Details of the U.S. propylene demand in April 2004; Increase in polyethylene terephthalate prices; Total price increase in polyvinyl chloride for the first quarter of 2004.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;9/8/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 29, p27
Presents updates on the prices of some chemicals as of September 8, 2004. Ethylene; Benzene; Styrene; Methanol; Polyvinyl chloride. INSET: COMMENTARY.
- PVC prospects up on improving demand. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;10/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 511, p24
Presents an outlook for NorthEast Asian (NEA) polyvinyl chloride (PVC) for the fourth quarter of 2005 and the first quarter of 2006. Reasons behind the increase in prices of PVC in Asia; Factor that prompted major producers of NEA to redirect quantities of the chemical to the U.S. and South...
- European PVC prices hit bottom. NOOR-DRUGAN, NATALIE // Chemical Week;12/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 47, p68
Reports on the decline in the contract prices for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in Europe in December 1998. Cause of the price decline; Expected performance of the PVC market.
- Price hike succeeds. ADAMS, JARRET // Chemical Week;12/16/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 48, p33
Reports on the success of increasing the prices for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in North America in 1998. Comment from a PVC producer.
- MARKETS. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;5/16/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 20, p15
Reports on increase in the prices of polyvinyl chloride in Europe in April. Price increase to be implemented by producers; Predicted average price of polyvinyl chloride.
- PVC resin prices in recovery. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;3/22/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the increase of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) prices in the United States in February 1999. Approach to pricing of PVC makers.