Wall Street picks favorites
- Shares feature attractive valuations. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/21/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 18, p15
The article focuses on the market share performance of chemical companies according to analysts in the U.S. Fulcrum Global Partners analyst Frank Mitsch favors Dow Chemical, Nova, Lyondell and Eastman as good ethylene/ plastics plays, as well as Olin and PPG Industries on the chloralkali side....
- Celanese soars on earnings surprise. Zwirn, Ed // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of Dallas, Texas-based industrial chemicals giant Celanese. It reveals the company's shares growth and net sales for the fourth quarter of 2006. Comments from Frank Mitsch of BB&T Capital Markets are included. Kevin McCarthy of Banc of America...
- Chemical stock prices rally. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/21/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 18, p14
The article provides information about the status of chemical stock prices in the U.S. Widening margins in the commodity chemical chain are fueling optimism for an extended profit upturn into 2006. The surging tide has floated most boats in the commodity sector, with strong rebounds off their...
- 5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 53, p8
The article offers news briefs in the chemical industry as of February 2007. Fourth quarter operating profits of Celanese rose by 10 percent. Canada is likely to levy environmental fees on polyethylene terephthalate and other packaging materials by 2010. Albemarle announced a share split, with...
- specialties. // Chemical Week;9/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 35, p55
Presents news briefs on the specialty products sector of the chemical industry, as of September 11, 2002. Acquisition of the Intelligent Biocides' Surfacine technology by Lonza; Information on the plant opened by Celanese for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells; Plan of Albemarle to raise...
- REPORTED IN ECN 11 JULY 2005. // European Chemical News;7/18/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2156, p30
Presents information on projects of chemical companies as of July 11, 2005. Albermale; Borealis; Celanese; Degussa.
- The Return of Celanese. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;12/8/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 47, p31
Reports on the return of chemical company Celanese to the stock market on October 25, 1999. Stock market history of Celanese; Reasons for maintaining its Frankfurt headquarters in Germany; Incentive package planned by the company.
- Hurricane Katrina set to knock 5% off earnings, says Wall Street. Chang, Joe; Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;9/12/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2162, p6
Assesses the immediate and long-term impact of Hurricane Katrina on the chemical industry in the U.S. Expectations of Deutsche Bank Securities analyst David Begleiter on third and fourth quarter 2005 earnings of chemical companies affected by the hurricane; Damage caused by Katrina at Dow...
- As stock prices plummet, specialty makers binge on buybacks. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;8/26/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 32, p12
Reveals that A. Schulman, Albemarle, and Nalco Chemical have disclosed plans to buy back large portions of their outstanding common shares. Information on Schulman's buyback; Only way to grow earnings, according to David Begleiter, an analyst for Credit Suisse First Boston.