5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH
- ORGANIZED SYNERGY AS AN IMPERATIVE OF INTEGRATION STRATEGIES (BASED ON THE STUDY OF RUSSIAN CHEMICAL AND PETROCHEMICAL HOLDINGS). Shevtsova, Anna Zievna // Economy of Industry;2014, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p118
The paper studies the formation of powerful holdings in the Russian chemical and petrochemical industry as well as the latest tendencies on the merges - acquisitions industry market. The industry is being reformed and consolidated; the monopoly structures are created. Strategic synergism plays...
- Japan consolidated. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p5
The article reports that the chemical industry of Japan is preparing the major consolidation of its petrochemical facilities to boost competitiveness on the global stage.
- New strategies to better manage boom-bust cycles in petrochemicals. // Chemical Business;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p31
Suggests strategies to manage boom-bust cycles in the petrochemicals industry. Disadvantages of mergers in the industry; Information on the condo cracker; Advantages of time-share cracker.
- Petrochemical High Noon. Hunter, David; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/29/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p31
Discusses the consolidation trend in petrochemical industry. When the trend on consolidation started; What prompted BP to take over Amoco; Impact of the Asian crisis on the industry; Earning targets set by the owners of petrochemical businesses.
- Consolidation Helps European Firms Through the Downturn. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p25
Reports that consolidation has aided European petrochemical producers during the economic downturn in 2001. Factor that has driven much of the European consolidation; Ways merged companies can cut costs; Key advantages enjoyed by European producers. INSET: Restructuring Causes Disagreement...
- Impact on India of consolidation in the global petrochemical industry. Lashkari, Z. F. // Chemical Business;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p25
Discusses the impact of consolidation in the worldwide petrochemical industry on India. Motivation for consolidation; Overview of major consolidation activity worldwide; Benefits of the strategy; Description of the Indian scenario.
- Government Seeks Polyolefin Mergers. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p17
Reports that Korea's Commerce, Industry and Energy Ministry is pushing for further consolidation of the country's eight polyolefin producers into four groups. Importance of mergers to the petrochemical industry; Production capacity of Korea's olefins and polyolefin producers.
- BASF, Shell approve Dutch SM-PO plant. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/16/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 15, p20
Reports on the approval given by BASF and Shell to Basell, their joint venture on styrene monomer-propylene oxide plant at Moerdijk. Construction of the plant; Capacity of the plant; Significance of the approval; Other information.
- China revamps petrochem industry. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/29/98, Vol. 253 Issue 26, p20
Reports that China is embarking on a major consolidation project to bring inefficient state-owned petrochemical firms up to speed as part of a comprehensive overhaul. Appointment of the State Petrochemical Industry Bureau to oversee the reorganization process; List of facilities that China...