Predictions 2008: A dance with destiny
- Business intelligence, vital for operating in the global economy. // Chemical Business;Jan2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Stresses the importance of business intelligence in India for operating in global economy. Significance of the ability to understand the key ingredients of the competition in chemical industry in the country; Vital importance to operations in the global market.
- Asia-Pacific Report. CARROLL, SUSAN // Chemical Market Reporter;03/01/99, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the performance of the paints industry of India as of March 1999. Implication of the emergence of the nation as a major player; Companies that are benefiting from the thriving domestic market; Global demand for paints.
- China strategy. Pandia, R. M. // Chemical Business;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11/12, p7
Calls for the Indian government to formulate a strategy towards China with regards to competition particularly in the chemical industry. Production statistics of China and India for certain chemicals in 1998-1999; Dumping of Chinese goods into India; Issues to be considered in the strategy.
- VCI is bullish on growth. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p11
The article presents the outlook of Verband der Chemischen Industrie (VCI), Germany's chemical industry association, for the chemical industry and the global economy. VCI is still bullish on the chemical and the global economy this year, even if business dynamics have slowed. VCI president and...
- Korea and China Reach Agreement to Minimize Trade Disputes. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/17/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 38, p23
Reports on the agreement reached by the Korea Petrochemical Industry Association and the China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association to prevent trade disputes between Korea and China. Measures taken by China to protect its petrochemical industry; Volume of garlic which Korea agreed to...
- Saudi wins dual-feedstock debate. // Asian Chemical News;12/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 517, p8
The article reports on the granting of Saudi Arabia's accession to the World Trade Organization after the issue on dual pricing of petrochemical feedstocks have been resolved in December 2005. Saudi's preferential pricing policy is said to be beneficial not only to Saudi companies but also to...
- CFO Conference 2012: Global Economy Hits Soft Patch. FROST, LINDSAY // Chemical Week;6/25/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 17, p11
The article discusses a discussion at the IHS Chemical Financial Forum held in New York in June 2012 in which chief economist Nariman Behravesh at global information company IHS commented on signs of weakness in the global economy due to the re-escalation of the eurozone sovereign debt crisis...
- Lure of Chinese market still strong. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 387, p20
Offers views on the chemical industry in China as of January 2003. Expected decline in Chinese government spending in 2004; Importance of economic relations with Taiwan; Official target for 2003 gross domestic product.
- Impact of WTO on the chemical industries in India. Tannan, S. K. // Chemical Business;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p27
Discusses the impact of the creation of the World Trade Organization on the chemical industry in India. Role of the chemical industry in the economic development of the country; Factors that contributed to the development of the organization; Types of chemical industries affected by the...