The need for a large-scale trial of fibrate therapy in diabetes: the rationale and design of the Fenofibrate Intervention and Event Lowering in Diabetes (FIELD) study. [ISRCTN64783481]
- Tips from Other Journals. // American Family Physician;3/1/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p612
The article summarizes research on diabetes published in several journals as of March 2011. One study found that the risk of cardiovascular events in patients with type 2 diabetes was not reduced by the addition of fenofibrate. Another stressed the adverse effect of supplementation with high...
- Fenofibrate. // Reactions Weekly;2/12/2011, Issue 1338, p19
The article describes a case of rhabdomyolysis in a 69-year-old woman who received micronised fenofibrate and other drugs for hypertension.
- Fenofibrate use continued to rise, despite evidence of ineffectiveness. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;4/16/2011, Issue 626, p7
The article discusses the findings of a study published in the "Journal of the American Medical Association" (JAMA) regarding the increased use of fenofibrate from 2002 to 2009.
- Medicamentos mÃ¡s utilizados en pacientes ancianos mexicanos. Olguín, Hugo Juárez; Asseff, Ismael Lares // Revista MÃ©dicas UIS;2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p129
The elder population suffers major number of disease than younger patients; therefore, they consume a higher number of drugs than rest of populations. A recent study made in USA shows that proximately 77% of people older than 65 years old consume at least one medicament although this people...
- Paradoxical Reduction in HDL-C With Fenofibrate and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes: The ACCORD Lipid Trial. Linz, Peter E.; Lovato, Laura C.; Byington, Robert P.; O'Connor, Patrick J.; Leiter, Lawrence A.; Weiss, Daniel; Force, Rex W.; Crouse, John R.; Ismail-Beigi, Faramarz; Simmons, Debra L.; Papademetriou, Vasilios; Ginsberg, Henry N.; Elam, Marshall B. // Diabetes Care;Mar2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p686
OBJECTIVE To determine the occurrence of extremely low HDL cholesterol (HDL-C) among participants in the Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes (ACCORD) Lipid Trial and to examine the relationship of this finding with treatment with fenofibrate and thiazolidinedione (TZD). RESEARCH...
- Effect of Acarbose on Insulin Sensitivity in Elderly Patients With Diabetes. Meneilly, Graydon S.; Ryan, Edmond A.; Radziuk, Jerry; Lau, David C.W.; Yale, Jean-Francois; Morais, Jose; Chiasson, Jean-Louis; Rabasa-Lhoret, Remi; Maheux, Pierre; Tessier, Daniel; Wolever, Thomas; Josse, Robert G.; Elahi, Dariush // Diabetes Care;Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1162
Presents information on a study which investigated the effect of acarbose, an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor, on insulin release and insulin sensitivity in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes. Account of related studies; Research design and methods; Conclusions.
- Finding ACCORD in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes? Elliott, William T. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;May2010 Pharmacology, p1
The article examines the three aspects of the Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetics (ACCORD) trial in the management of type 2 diabetes. It presents details related to the study and mentions the study was published in the New England Journal of Medicine. The three facets of type 2...
- Fenofibrate/rosiglitazone interaction. // Reactions Weekly;4/16/2011, Issue 1347, p21
The article describes cases of two elderly male patients who had a paradoxical decrease in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) while undergoing concurrent treatment with rosiglitazone and fenofibrate.
- Atorvastatin/fenofibrate. // Reactions Weekly;6/5/2010, Issue 1304, p10
The article describes the case of three male patients who acquired rhabdomyolysis and renal impairment while undergoing treatment with either atorvastatin or fenofibrate for hyperlipidaemia. One patient was a 74-year-old man who experienced fatigue and disseminated muscle pain. Another patient...