Arterial heparan sulfate is negatively associated with hyperglycemia and atherosclerosis in diabetic monkeys
- Detection of Undiagnosed Diabetes and Other Hyperglycemia States. Schmidt, Maria Inês; Duncan, Bruce B.; Vigo, Alvaro; Pankow, James; Ballantyne, Christie M.; Couper, David; Brancati, Frederick; Folsom, Aaron R. // Diabetes Care;May2003, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p1338
OBJECTIVE â€” To evaluate screening strategies based on fasting plasma glucose (FPG), clinical information, and the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) for detection of diabetes or other hyperglycemic statesâ€”impaired fasting glucose (IFG) and impaired glucose toleranceâ€”...
- Postchallenge Plasma Glucose and Glycemic Spikes Are More Strongly Associated With Atherosclerosis Than Fasting Glucose or HbA[sub 1c] Level. Temelkova-Kurktschiev, Theodora S.; Koehler, Carsta; Henkel, Elena; Leonhardt, Wolfgang; Fuecker, Katja; Hanefeld, Markolf // Diabetes Care;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1830
Presents information on a study which examined the relationship of different parameters of hyperglycemia with atherosclerosis. Methodology; Results of the study; Conclusions.
- Response to â€œLow Serum Adiponectin Levels and Endothelial Dysfunction in Childhood Hypertensionâ€. Brambilla, Paolo; Antolini, Laura; Street, Maria Elisabeth; Giussani, Marco; Galbiati, Sara; Valsecchi, Maria Grazia; Stella, Andrea; Zuccotti, Gian Vincenzo; Bernasconi, Sergio; Genovesi, Simonetta // American Journal of Hypertension;May2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p718
A response from the authors of the article "Adiponectin and hypertension in normal-eight and obese children" that was published in the 2013 issue is presented.
- Acute stimulation of leptin concentrations in humans during hyperglycemic hyperinsulinemia. Influence of free fatty acids and fasting. Stefan, N; Fritsche, A; Häring, H; Stumvoll, M // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Jan2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p138
OBJECTIVE: To assess the acute regulation of leptin concentrations by insulin, glucose and free fatty acids (FFAs). DESIGN: Four protocols: saline control experiment (CON); hyperglycemic clamps (âˆ¼ 8.3 mmol/l, 120 min) after an overnight fast (12 FAST); after a 36 h fast (36 FAST); and after...
- Hyperglycemic Crises in Adult Patients With Diabetes. Kitabchi, Abbas E.; Umpierrez, Guillermo E.; Miles, John M.; Fisher, Joseph N. // Diabetes Care;Jul2009, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p1335
The article discusses a consensus statement regarding the detection and treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperglycemic state (HHS) in adult patients. It was stated that the development of hyperglycemia and ketosis in DKA is the result of the decline in insulin concentration and rise...
- Impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes--WHO criteria. // British Medical Journal;12/6/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6254, p1512
Reports the proposals of the World Health Organization Expert Committee on diabetes mellitus in Great Britain. Increase on the degrees of hyperglycemia necessary for the diagnosis of diabetes; Creation of a category of impaired glucose tolerance; Reliance on the raised plasma glucose concentration.
- Correlation between Acetaminophen Consumption and CSF Glucose Level in Febrile Convulsion. Fahimeh, Ehsanipour; Minoo, Gharouni; Maryam, Ardalan; Ali, Hoseinpoor Rafati; Rojin, Amin // JK Science;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p176
Hyperglycemia and hyperglycorrhagia common occur in children with febrile seizures. Rapid release of cortisol and adrenaline after seizures as a stress reaction induce elevated glucose concentration in Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF). The purpose of this study was to assess the correlation between...
- Glutathione peroxidase activity in obese and nonobese diabetic patients and role of hyperglycemia in oxidative stress. Goyal, Rajeev; Singhai, Monil; Faizy, Abul Faiz // Journal of Mid-life Health;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p72
Background: Both hyperglycemia and obesity are known to cause oxidative stress, which leads to many complications associated with diabetes mellitus. A large number of diabetic patients are obese. Glutathione peroxidase (GPx) is an important indicator of level of oxidative stress. Materials and...
- Diyabetik ketoasidoz ve talasemi majorlu bir yenidoÄŸan: Nadir bir olgu. Yolbaş, İlyas; Şen, Velat; Balık, Hasan; Kelekçi, Selvi; Haspolat, Kenan; Uluca, Ünal; Tan, İlhan // Dicle Medical Journal / Dicle Tip Dergisi;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p142
Diabetic ketoacidosis is a systemic situation caused by absolute insulin deficiency and characterized by hyperglycemia, ketonemia, acidemia, glycosuria and ketonuria. Thalassemia Major is a very serious hereditary blood disorder due to low levels or absence of "beta globulin" chain,...