Platelet-neutrophil conjugate formation is increased in diabetic women with cardiovascular disease
- Predictors of poor coronary collateral development in patients with stable coronary artery disease: Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio and platelets. Gülşen, Kamil; Cerit, Levent; Özcem, Barçın; Akpınar, Onur; Akın, Fatih; Ayça, Burak; Çelik, Ömer // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Nov2015, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p960
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Predictors of poor coronary collateral development in patients with stable coronary artery disease: Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio and platelets" by AkÄ±n F. in the 2015 issue.
- Do We Need More Research on Platelet Function in South Asian Immigrants? Dodani, Sunita // Inflammation & Allergy - Drug Targets;Dec2010, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p382
No abstract available.
- Circulating soluble CD40 ligand mediates the interaction between neutrophils and platelets in acute coronary syndrome. Setianto, Budi Y.; Hartopo, Anggoro B.; Gharini, Putrika P. R.; Anggrahini, Dyah W.; Irawan, Bambang // Heart & Vessels;Jul2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p282
Following plaque rupture, activated platelet will induce subsequent inflammatory process including neutrophil recruitment. In vitro study demonstrated an interaction between neutrophils and platelets via a mechanism involving CD40-CD40 ligand. However, whether this mechanism exists in the...
- PLATELETS, COAGULATION AND FIBRINOLYSIS IN DIABETIC AND NON-DIABETIC PATIENTS WITH QUIESCENT CORONARY HEART DISEASE. Badawi, H.; El-Sawy, M.; Mikhail, M.; Nomeir, A.M.; Tewfik, S. // Angiology;Sep1970, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p511
Examines the platelets, blood coagulation system and fibrinolytic activity in diabetic and non-diabetic patients with quiescent coronary heart disease. Role of metabolic factors in thrombosis, coagulation and fibrinolysis; Detection of increased platelet adhesiveness, increased blood clotting...
- The Effect of Aspirin Dosing on Platelet Function in Diabetic and Nondiabetic Patients. DiChiara, Joseph; Bliden, Kevin P.; Tantry, Udaya S.; Hamed, Miruais S.; Antonino, Mark J.; Suarez, Thomas A.; Bailon, Oscar; Singla, Anand; Gurbel, Paul A. // Diabetes;Dec2007, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p3014
OBJECTIVE-- Diabetic patients may have a higher prevalence of platelet aspirin resistance than nondiabetic patients. Our goal was to analyze platelet aspirin responsiveness to various aspirin doses in diabetic and nondiabetic patients. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS-- We examined the effect of...
- Comparison of the Effects of Policosanol and Atorvastatin on Lipid Profile and Platelet Aggregation in Patients with Dyslipidaemia and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Castaño, Gladys; Fernández, Lilia; Mas, Rosa; Illnait, José; Mesa, Meylin; Fernández, J.C. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2003, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p639
Background: Diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolaemia increase the risk for coronary heart disease, with type 2 diabetes mellitus being the most prevalent form of diabetes, frequently accompanied by dyslipidaemia. The main goal of dyslipidaemia control in nondiabetic and diabetic patients is...
- Antiplatelet Therapy Following Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Diabetes. Bhatt, Deepak L. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/5/2012, Vol. 308 Issue 9, p921
The author reflects on the ischemic events that are still common after such advancement in the field of patient with diabetes with myocardial infarction (Ml). He informs that the platelet reactivity is highlighted for this increased risk of the patients in this category. He further informs that...
- Resveratrol and Cardiovascular Disease. Juturu, Vijaya // Current Nutrition & Food Science;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p227
Resveratrol is a natural polyphenolic compound containing antioxidant property found in red wine, grapes, berries and peanuts. In vitro and in vivo studies suggest that trans-resveratrol is more effective in reducing platelet aggregation, improving endothelial function, inhibiting LDL oxidation...
- Contents Page. // Cardiovascular Research;Aug2014, Vol. 103 Issue 3, pNP
No abstract available.