Pro-oxidant effect of Î±-tocopherol in patients with Type 2 Diabetes after an oral glucose tolerance test -- a randomised controlled trial
- American lifestyle leading to diabetes at younger and younger ages. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jan99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on the importance of early screening for diabetes. Major risk factor for the disease; Increased occurrences of the so-called (Type II) diabetes among teenagers; Activities that can stave off diabetes.
- Is Ale Always the Best Game in Town to Monitor Type 2 Diabetes? Kuritzky, Louis // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Nov2012 Clinical Briefs in Primary Care, p22
The article evaluates the accuracy of Acetyl-l-carnitine (ALC) test in monitoring the type 2 diabetes, also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes.
- HbA1c testing inaccurate for older patients. // Pulse;2/16/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p12
The article presents a study which reveals that different cut-off values for age groups of older might be required if Great Britain changes to hemoglobin bA1c (HbA1c) testing in diagnosing type 2 diabetes in 2011.
- Most diabetes found by accident. // Practice Nurse;1/29/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p6
The article cites a Diabetes UK report which reveals that 56% of people undergoing routine medical tests in 2009 were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes by accident.
- Diagnostic Criteria for Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes in Youth (NIDDM-Y). Dean, Heather // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb1998, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p67
Discusses the author's experience using biochemical and clinical criteria in diagnosing non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus in youth (NIDDM-Y) in First Nation youth in Manitoba, Canada, from 1985-1996. Differentiating NIDDM-Y form insulin dependent diabetes (IDDM); Details of the...
- Type 2 Diabetes Prevalent, Poll Shows. // Chain Drug Review;3/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p92
The article discusses the results of a Harris Interactive/HealthDay poll, which indicates that one in eight Americans have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
- Diagnosing Diabetes Mellitus Using New Criteria. Huffman, Grace Brooke // American Family Physician;10/15/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p1809
Presents an abstract of the study `Relationship between fasting plasma glucose and glycosylated hemoglobin. Potential for false-positive diagnoses of type 2 diabetes using new diagnostic criteria,' by M. B. Davidson et al., from April 7, 1999 issue of the `Journal of the American Medical...
- The touch that kills. Garber, Alan J. // Clinical Diabetes;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p57
Editorial. Comments on the need for aggressive emphasis on the early detection and management of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM). Atherosclerotic complications of NIDDM; Physicians' lack of action concerning this complication; Comparison with the approach of the American Cancer...
- Is Sugar to Blame? // Scholastic Parent & Child;Nov2010, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p70
The article focuses on various myths and facts related to type 2 diabetes, including whom it affects, what causes it and how to diagnose it.