Low density lipoprotein from patients with Type 2 diabetes increases expression of monocyte matrix metalloproteinase and ADAM metalloproteinase genes
- Dysplasia-Carcinoma Transition Specific Transcripts in Colonic Biopsy Samples. Galamb, Orsolya; Wichmann, Barnabás; Sipos, Ferenc; Spisák, Sándor; Krenács, Tibor; Tóth, Kinga; Leiszter, Katalin; Kalmár, Alexandra; Tulassay, Zsolt; Molnár, Béla // PLoS ONE;Nov2012, Vol. 7 Issue 11, Special section p1
Background: The early molecular detection of the dysplasia-carcinoma transition may enhance the strength of diagnosis in the case of colonic biopsies. Our aims were to identify characteristic transcript sets in order to develop diagnostic mRNA expression patterns for objective classification of...
- The Tyrphostin Agent AG490 Prevents and Reverses Type 1 Diabetes in NOD Mice. Davoodi-Semiromi, Abdoreza; Wasserfall, Clive H.; Xia, Chang Qing; Cooper-DeHoff, Rhonda M.; Wabitsch, Martin; Clare-Salzler, Michael; Atkinson, Mark // PLoS ONE;May2012, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Background: Recent studies in the NOD (non-obese diabetic) mouse model of type 1 diabetes (T1D) support the notion that tyrosine kinase inhibitors have the potential for modulating disease development. However, the therapeutic effects of AG490 on the development of T1D are unknown. Materials and...
- Influence of fish oil supplementation on in vivo and in vitro oxidation resistance of low-density lipoprotein in type 2 diabetes. Pedersen, H; Petersen, M; Major-Pedersen, A; Jensen, T; Nielsen, N S; Lauridsen, S T; Marckmann, P // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;May2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p713
Objective: Fish oil supplement has been proposed as a non-pharmacological strategy to correct the atherogenic lipid profile associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus. However, fish oil may have deleterious effects on lipid peroxidation and glycemic control. Design: In this study, 44 type 2...
- Workshop 10 O56-O61. // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;May2001 Supplement, Vol. 25, pS21
Presents articles related to obesity published in the May 3, 2001 issue of the periodical 'International Journal of Obesity.' Prevention of type 2 diabetes by lifestyle intervention; Effect of obesity on low density lipoprotein triglyceride production.
- Response to Comment on Xu et al. Effects of Metformin on Metabolite Profiles and LDL Cholesterol in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2015;38:1858-1867. Brandmaier, Stefan; Tao Xu; Illig, Thomas; Suhre, Karsten; Adamski, Jerzy; Wang-Sattler, Rui; Xu, Tao // Diabetes Care;Dec2015, Vol. 38 Issue 12, pe216
A response to a comment on a study about how metformin affects metabolite profiles and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol of individuals with type 2 diabetes which appeared within the issue is presented.
- Serum fructosamine, serum glycated albumin and serum glycated Î²-lipoprotein in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients with and without microvascular complications. Kalaria, Tejaskumar R.; Sirajwala, Habibunnisha B.; Gohel, Mukesh G. // Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders;11/21/2016, Vol. 15, p1
Background: Glycation of serum proteins has been proposed as an important mechanism of complications of diabetes but whether there are differences in glycation of different serum proteins and whether it has any correlation with development of microvascular complications has not been studied in...
- Diabetic LDL inhibits cell-cycle progression via STAT5B and p21[supwaf]. Brizzi, Maria Felice; Dentelli, Patrizia; Pavan, Marzia; Rosso, Arturo; Gambino, Roberto; De Cesaris, Maria Grazia; Garbarino, Giovanni; Camussi, Giovanni; Pagano, Gianfranco; Pegoraro, Luigi // Journal of Clinical Investigation;1/1/2002, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p111
Focuses on a study which analyzed the effects of low density lipoproteins (LDL) on endothelial cells in type-2 diabetic patients. Information on the study population; Preparation of nuclear extracts and gel retardation assay; Characterization of LDL.
- PGC-1a at the crossroads of type 2 diabetes. Attie, Alan D; Kendziorski, Christina M // Nature Genetics;Jul2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p244
Muscle mitochondrial respiratory metabolism is reduced in aging and diabetes. Now, coordinated changes in expression of genes involved in oxidative phosphorylation have been found in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM2). Peroxisome proliferator activator protein-Î³...
- Integrated lipidomics and transcriptomic analysis of peripheral blood reveals significantly enriched pathways in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Chen Zhao; Jinghe Mao; Junmei Ai; Ming Shenwu; Tieliu Shi; Daqing Zhang; Xiaonan Wang; Yunliang Wang; Youping Deng // BMC Medical Genomics;2013, Vol. 6 Issue Suppl 1, p1
Background: Insulin resistance is a key element in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Plasma free fatty acids were assumed to mediate the insulin resistance, while the relationship between lipid and glucose disposal remains to be demonstrated across liver, skeletal muscle and blood....