The association of metabolic syndrome and Chlamydia pneumoniae, Helicobacter pylori, cytomegalovirus, and herpes simplex virus type 1: The Persian Gulf Healthy Heart Study
- Baseline IgG antibody titers to Chlamydia pneumoniae, Helicobacter pylori, herpes simplex virus,... Ridker, Paul M.; Hennekens, Charles H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/19/99, Vol. 131 Issue 8, p573
Determines whether previous exposure to Chlamydia pneumoniae, Helicobacter pylori, herpes simplex virus, or cytomegalovirus is associated with increased risk for cardiovascular events in healthy postmenopausal women. IgG antibodies titers against C. pneumoniae; Plasma concentrations of...
- Association of Pathogen Burden and Hypertension: The Persian Gulf Healthy Heart Study. Vahdat, Katayoun; Pourbehi, Mohammad Reza; Ostovar, Afshin; Hadavand, Fahimeh; Bolkheir, Alireza; Assadi, Majid; Farrokhnia, Maryam; Nabipour, Iraj // American Journal of Hypertension;Sep2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1140
BACKGROUND Chronic infection with cytomegalovirus (CMV), Chlamydia pneumoniae, herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1), and Helicobacter pylori may contribute to essential hypertension. However, the evidence now available does not clarify whether the aggregate number of pathogens (pathogen burden) may be...
- ROLE OF CHLAMYDIA PNEUMONIAE, HELICOBACTER PYLORI AND CYTOMEGALOVIRUS IN CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE. // Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences;Apr2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p95
No abstract available.
- Helicobacter pylori Prevalence among Indigenous Peoples of South America. Robinson, Lisa-Gaye E.; Black, Francis L.; Lee, Francis K.; Sousa, Alexandra O.; Owens, Marilyn; Danielsson, Dan; Nahmias, André J.; Gold, Benjamin D. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;10/15/2002, Vol. 186 Issue 8, p1131
The seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori among secluded Indian populations of South America was determined to gain insight into the evolutionary history and possible transmission patterns of the organism. Serum samples obtained from 1024 donors in 22 different villages were tested by...
- Cytomegalovirus, Chlamydia pneumoniae, and Helicobacter pylori IgG antibodies and restenosis after stent implantation: an anglographic and intravascular ultrasound study Schiele, F; Batur, M K; Seronde, M F; Meneveau, N; Sewoke, P; Bassignot, A; Couetdic, G; Caulfield, F; Bassand, J-P // Heart;Mar2001, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p304
The article presents a study which aims to determine the impact of previous infections after the coronary angioplasty with stent implantation. The study identified the previous cytomegalovirus, Chlamydia pneumoniae, and Helicobacter pylori infections through the use of immunoglobulin (IgG)...
- Troubled by Cold Sores? Brown, Edwin W. // Medical Update;Mar99, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
Provides information on fever blisters or cold sores caused by the virus herpers simplex type 1. Treatment for cold sores; Difference of cold sores from canker sores; Approval of the drug Aphthasol.
- A little sore. Newnham, David // Nursing Standard;11/2/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p27
David Newnham dreads that tell-tale tingle.
- Chlamydia pneumoniae DNA Detection in Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells Is Predictive of Vascular Infection. Blasi, Francesco; Boman, Jens; Esposito, Gloria; Melissano, Germano; Chiesa, Roberto; Cosentini, Roberto; Tarsia, Paolo; Tshomba, Yamume; Beti, Monia; Alessi, Marinella; Morelli, Nicoletta // Journal of Infectious Diseases;12/1/99, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p2074
Abdominal aortic aneurysm tissue and peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) of 41 consecutive subjects undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery were analyzed by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for the presence of Chlamydia pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and Helicobacter pylori DNA....
- Infections (viral). // Bone Marrow Transplantation;3/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 29 Issue 5, pS26
Bone Marrow Transplantation (2001) 29, Suppl. 2, S26â€“S28. DOI: 10.1038/sj/bmt/1703442